Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (20) and W.W.W. Wednesday (18)



~Waiting On Wednesday (20)~

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The point is to share a book that hasn't bee released yet, but one that you are dying to read.

This is my twentieth time participating in this meme.This week I have chosen one young adult novel and a novel by my favorite author post 1930--well technically she's tied with J.K. Rowling. 

The first one is Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3) by Keirsten White. This one will be published on July 24, 2012. This one is a Young Adult Paranormal romance that will be published by HarperTeen. P.S. Right now you can get Paranormalcy, the first in the series for only $2.99. Click here for more details. 


I have thoroughly enjoyed the first two in the series and can't wait to see what she does in the third one. This was a breath of fresh air in the paranormal world. It's not about vampires and werewolves--yes they are in the book, but they aren't the main characters. It was nice to read a book that didn't leave me feeling like I had already read this before. I'm definitely excited for the third one. 


Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:


Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.

So much for normal.



I also just love this cover. Whoever did the cover design for this series, did a great job. I don't know what it is about the cover that draws me in so absolutely...but it does. 

The second one is one that has me screaming up and down. When I found this book was coming out, I literally screamed and then jumped up and down and floated for hours. What book had me this excited? Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson which comes out on October 2,2012. That day can not get here soon enough.


It's Dee Henderson! I've been waiting for years for her to write another novel. I had given up and resigned myself to simply rereading her books (which I've done more times than I'll admit).  And then I found out she has another book and it comes out this October.


I've already pre-ordered this one, but October won't get here fast enough! It's Dee Henderson! What more can I say!


Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:


Ann Silver is a cop's cop. As the Midwest Homicide Investigator, she is called in to help local law enforcement on the worst of cases, looking for answers to murder. Hers is one of the region's most trusted investigative positions. 

Paul Falcon is the FBI's top murder cop in the Midwest. If the victim carried a federal badge or had a security clearance, odds are good Paul and his team see the case file or work the murder. 
Their lives intersect when Ann arrives to pass a case off her desk and onto his. A car wreck and a suspicious death offer a lead on a hired shooter he is tracking. Paul isn't expecting to meet someone, the kind that goes on the personal side of the ledger, but Ann Silver has his attention. 


The better he gets to know her, the more Paul realizes her job barely scratches the surface of who she is. She knows spies and soldiers and U.S. Marshals, and has written books about them. She is friends with the former Vice President. People with good reason to be cautious about who they let into their lives deeply trust her. Paul wonders just what secrets Ann is keeping, until she shows him the John Doe Killer case file, and he starts to realize just who this lady he is falling in love with really is...



I have read every book Dee has ever written and have adored them all. She is one of the few authors I can say that I own every book she has written. Dee's writing is masterful. She is easily in my opinion the best Christian Romantic Suspense author out there and one of my all-time favorites.


Definitely recommend her O'Malley series if you haven't already checked it out!

And those are the books that I'm dying to read. But enough about me, what book did you guys pick? Please leave your link in the comments section. I love hearing from you guys.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~W.W.W. Wednesday (18)~

W.W.W. Wednesday is another weekly meme. This one is hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. To play along just answer three simple questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? And what do you think you'll read next?

This is my eighteenth week participating in this meme. I forgot to do this last week, so there are a lot of novels in the what I just read pile.




What am I currently reading?


I'm currently Paradox by Patti Roberts. I've heard good things about this and I received a copy from the author. So far I'm enjoying this one. It's Young Adult Paranormal romance, so if that's your thing, check this one out.


I'm also reading The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter. I honestly have no idea what to make of this series. I'm excited to see what she does with the last novel and am curious to see if she pulled off writing these novellas. It should be an interesting read at least.


What did I recently finish reading?



I recently finished reading Saving June by Hannah Harrington. (I'll be posting my review in the next several days). I loved this one. It was so well-written. A little on the edgier side, but I absolutely adored this book. I'll be reading more from this author--that's a given. 


I also just finished What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor. I also adored this one. I'm not overly fond of the cover on this one, but the book is absolutely fantastic.  Both of these books are realistic Contemporary Ya at its best. If you haven't read these, read them. They are fantastic. I didn't know What I Didn't Say was self-published. I used to be so prejudiced against them, but time and time again they end up my favorites. So if you have a prejudice against self-published books, think again.


I also just finished: The River Rose by Gilbert Morris and A Duke's Promise by Jamie Carrie. 


What do I think I'll read next?


I will be reading Circle of Silence by Carol M. Tanzman. Secret Societies. News reporter. Gossip. Danger. Intrigue. I'm in. I don't know what draws me into this type of story, but I always get interested in stories like this. Actually, that's probably because I'm a freelance journalist. :) But still.


I will also be reading Hope's Daughter by Melanie Cusick-Jones in the next few days. This is a dystopian novel that sounds absolutely incredible. From the moment I read the synopsis on this one, I knew I had to read it. It's Dystopian...that's enough to hook me.

That's all for me. What about you guys? What are you reading? Please leave your link in the comments. I love hearing from you.



Love,
Danica Page

59 comments:

  1. Funny that the book covers of the book you've just finished reading and the book you're going to read next both have close ups of eyes. I really like the look of Hope's Daughter.

    Here's my WWW Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't noticed that. That is hilarious. Thanks for stopping by. I loved your picks too!

      Delete
  2. These all look like really good books. I will have to look into them :)

    You can find my W.W.W. here:

    http://www.peekabook.it/2012/07/www-wednesdays-july-11.html

    Happy reading!


    Valentina
    www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could bring them to your attention. Thanks for stopping by. I loved your picks!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Danica! ^_^

      Valentina
      www.peekabook.it

      Delete
  3. I really loved Saving June...I was so surprised by it too I didn't know what to expect from it when I started and so was just swept away. I too can't wait for Harrington's next book, Speechless.

    My WWW Wednesday is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing! You summed up my feelings perfectly.

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of any of your books but I am going to look them up! Especially Saving June, I could use some edge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could bring it to your attention! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Nice book choices! I added Hope's Daughter and Saving June to my to-read list. They both sounds awesome. I'll be keeping an eye out for your review of Saving June.

    Here's my WWW Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, apparently my link doesn't want to work...

      Well, here's the actual link:

      http://teaforthreebooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/www-wednesdays-2.html

      Delete
    2. I'm glad I could bring them to your attention. Saving June is incredible. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I just added the two recs to my Kindle sample reads. I love positive recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could bring them to your attention. Happy reading!

      Delete
  7. Oooh, some fantastic sounding books here. I haven't heard of any and will have to check them out. Mine are here: http://lostinsidethecovers.wordpress.com/2012/07/11/www-wednesdays-july-11th/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like my picks. Thanks for leaving your link!

      Delete
  8. Nice picks! Endlessly has been on my list since it first came out. Haven't heard of Full Disclosure before, but sound interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by,
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been on my list for a long time too. I'm glad you like my picks. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. I love the covers for Saving June and Hope's Daughter, they are stunning! I hope you enjoy ll of your books! :)


    My WWW Wednesday
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to start reading that Paranormalcy series. It sounds so good! There are just so many good books to catch up on!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Alyssa
    The Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a cute light read. I understand the feeling of having a ton of books to catch up on. I'm in the same boat.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Paradox and Saving June both look great, and they are both new to me. Coolness!

    http://planetpooks.com/?p=4835

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saving June is incredible. Definitely worth reading. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. I haven't heard of either books. But wow, the cover for Endlessly is beautiful! Sounds like a pretty good read as well :) I haven't read anything YA in a while. I think I need to start up again.

    Ana♥ Beach Bum Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is beautiful. I love YA so yeah I'd recommend reading it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. Ah, Endlessly. that book was SO great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've already read it? Now, I am jealous. I'm dying to read it!

      Delete
  14. First let me thank you for the visit today.

    I haven't read or seen any of these books before, but that really is no surprise since I don't read the paranormal genre of books. I hope you have a happy reading week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome.

      I don't love paranormals, but I do like many of them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. I'm SO excited for Endlessly!! I can't wait to read that one and see how things end for Evie. <3 And I'm totally in love with that cover as well! It's so beautiful!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Lend is so amazing. I want to know what happens and the cover is so exquisite. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  16. Interesting reads! And I love the banner at the top of your blog!
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like my banner.

      Delete
  17. All of them sounds interesting to me and the covers are very beautiful! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I love beautiful covers.

      Delete
  18. Hi, Danica! Yea for indie authors ... I'll have to check out Keary Taylor. My list is at http://katybrandes.wordpress.com/2012/07/11/www-wednesday-july-11/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indie authors can be fantastic. You just have to know where to look. Thanks for leaving your link. I love you picks!

      Delete
  19. Great picks! I've heard Endlessly is really good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you liked my picks!

      Delete
  20. I like the covers of these books, though the girl on Paradox looks a little creepy.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree. The girl on Paradox does look creepy.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  21. Great choices! I really want Saving June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing. I definitely recommend it.

      Delete
  22. I haven't heard of any but some sound fantastic. Thanks for stopping by my WWW! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could bring some of these to your attention. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  23. Saving June sounds interesting! Maybe it's becasue June is my middle name though! Anyway, i'll have to look for it. Mine are at http://www.nessasplace.com/2012/07/today-i-decided-to-join-wednesday-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing. June is a great middle name! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  24. I really like the look of Full Disclosure...thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! I'm glad you liked Full Disclosure.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  25. I am not into paranormal romance so don't really know about these books. Full Disclosures seems more like the one I'll like to read. Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog.

    Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge paranormal romance fan, but I do read it on occasion. I'm glad you liked Full Disclosures.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  26. I picked up Paranormalcy from a used bookstore a few weeks ago and am very excited to read it finally! It really does sound unique compared to most paranormal books. And don't hate me, but I've never heard of Dee Henderson. But I take it from you that I should get acquainted with their works? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is very unique. I love Dee Henderson, but I understand that it's not everybody's cup of tea. :)

      Delete
    2. P.S. Enjoy Paranormalcy, it's a cute light read.

      Delete
  27. All of these books look good! ill be checking them out! Thanks for stopping by!

    Valerie@ intriguing reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could bring them to your attention. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  28. Hi Danica!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm so glad to find yours now. I didn't know about the Waiting on Wednesday meme, that's excellent.

    Great to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. I'm glad I could introduce you to a new meme.

      It's nice meeting you as well and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

For the next 18 months, I won't have the ability to check my comments as often as I would like to, so for that period of time, I'm adding word verification. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I love your comments though, they make my day. So please keep commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (304) books (271) Book Review (243) asked to review (157) blogging (132) meme (104) writing (98) review (79) young adult (76) blog tour (69) series (68) netgalley (63) fiction (61) realistic (49) arc (47) romance (47) contemporary (46) adult (44) reading addiction blog tours (40) characters (38) writing process (35) 2012 (34) Waiting on Wednesday (33) 2013 (31) christian (31) IMM (27) Teaser Tuesday (27) my favorites (27) WWW Wednesdays (24) guest post (24) Top Ten Tuesday (23) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) new adult (19) letters (18) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) fantasy (16) historical fiction (16) contests (15) debut novel 2012 (15) paranormal (15) NWOC (14) writing advice (14) giveaway (13) Black Rose (12) excerpt (12) suspense (12) author spotlight (11) editing (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) promo (10) sophomore novel (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) mystery (9) covers (8) debut (8) short story (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) chick-lit (7) debut novel 2013 (7) dystopia (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) sci-fi (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) lists (4) nonfiction (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) amish (3) blog hop (3) debut novel 2011 (3) middle grade (3) retelling (3) sports (3) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Q and A (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) awards (2) college (2) contes (2) howard books (2) novella (2) rant (2) standalone novel (2) top 10 (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) abuse (1) action (1) analysis (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) classic literature (1) country challenge (1) design (1) inspirational (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) male pov (1) month overview (1) partners in crime blog tour (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) trailers (1)