Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (22) and W.W.W Wednesday (20)


~Waiting On Wednesday (22)~

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The point is to share a book that hasn't bee released yet, but one that you are dying to read.

This is my twenty-second time participating in this meme.This week I have chosen two young adult novels. One is a fairy tale retelling and one is a realistic contemporary fiction novel. 

The first one is The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors. This one will be published on August 21,2012 by Walker and CompanyI love fairy tale retellings and so I'm excited to see what Suzanne does with this one. Plus, the cover is fantastic. I don't know why I love it so much, I just do.  


Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:


Emmeline Thistle has always had a mysterious bond with cows, beginning on the night of her birth, when the local bovines saved the infant cast aside to die in the forest. But Emmeline was unaware that this bond has also given her a magical ability to transform milk into chocolate, a very valuable gift in a kingdom where chocolate is more rare and more precious than gold or jewels. Then one day Owen Oak, a dairyman’s son, teaches Emmeline to churn milk into butter—and instead she creates a delicious chocolate confection that immediately makes her a target for every greedy, power-hungry person in the kingdom of Anglund. Only Owen loves Emmeline for who she truly is, not her magical skill. But is his love enough to save her from the danger all around her?

In a departure from her contemporary teen romances, Suzanne Selfors crafts an irresistible re-imagined fairy tale that will tempt readers with a delicious story of love that is sweeter than the richest chocolate.



Add it to your Goodreads shelf by clicking here. 


The second one is If I lie by Corrine Jackson. This one is Corrine's debut novel and comes out on August 28,2012 and will be published by Simon Pulse. 


I have mixed feelings about this one, but I think the premise sounds interesting. I feel like I will either love or hate this one depending on the writing style and whether or not I like the characters. Nonetheless, it looks good and I'm excited to give it a chance and to read it as part of the 2012 debut author challenge. 


Here's the synopsis:


A powerful debut novel about the gray space between truth and perception.

Quinn’s done the unthinkable: she kissed a guy who is not Carey, her boyfriend. And she got caught. Being branded a cheater would be bad enough, but Quinn is deemed a traitor, and shunned by all of her friends. Because Carey’s not just any guy—he’s serving in Afghanistan and revered by everyone in their small, military town.

Quinn could clear her name, but that would mean revealing secrets that she’s vowed to keep—secrets that aren’t hers to share. And when Carey goes MIA, Quinn must decide how far she’ll go to protect her boyfriend…and her promise.



Add it to your Goodreads shelf by clicking here. 

And those are the books that I'm dying to read. But enough about me, what book did you guys pick? Please leave your link in the comments section. I love hearing from you guys.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~W.W.W. Wednesday (20)~

W.W.W. Wednesday is another weekly meme. This one is hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. To play along just answer three simple questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? And what do you think you'll read next?

This is my twentieth week participating in this meme. I forgot to do this last week, so there are a lot of novels in the what I just read pile.




What am I currently reading?


I'm currently reading Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill (YA-Contemporary Realistic). I didn't quite get to it last week, but like I mentioned last week, I absolutely adore this one and can't wait to get further into it. It looks really cute. Plus, I still adore the cover.  I'm only on page 8 so I can't pass judgment yet. Add it to your Goodreads shelf here. 


I'm also currently reading The Romanov Conspiracy by Glenn Meade (Adult Thriller). I received this for review and haven't got too far, but it is really well-written thus far. Apparently, Meade is quite a famous author...I hadn't heard of him before though. I love thrillers so I'm excited to get further into this one. Add it to your Goodreads shelf here. 


What did I recently finish reading?

I recently finished reading Tyler Falls by Lori Clark (YA-Contemporary Realistic Fiction) which was surprisingly really good. It's about a guy who witnessed his father and mother's murder. He's given him thirty days until he commits suicide, but then he meets Emma who has him rethinking everything. But when he learns the truth about Emma, will he decide death is better anyway? My review is here. Add it to your Goodreads shelf by clicking here. 


I also recently finished When Copper Suns Fall by KaSonndra Leigh (YA-Dystopian/Paranormal). I actually really liked this one too. This is the first book I've read about angels. Strange, considering how many novels there are about angels. I definitely can't wait to read the sequel. My review is here. Add it to your Goodreads shelf here.




I also finished reading The Ghost in the Crystal by Matt Posner (YA-Fantasy). My review of this one is forthcoming. A very intriguing premise and one that I thoroughly enjoyed. Official review forthcoming. Add it your Goodreads shelf here. 


What do I think I'll read next?


I have a lot of books to read for upcoming blog tours, so I have a lot of books to read next week. I'll just list the first two books I plan on reading next.


All He Saw was the Girl by Peter Leonard (Adult Thriller). My review will be up on Friday at 12 am MST. I'm really excited to read this one as I love this genre. Let me share a line from the tagline: Rome: McCabe and Chip, two American exchange students, are about to become embroiled with a violent street gang, a beautiful Italian girl and a flawed kidnapping plan. Okay, first off its Rome. At the mention of Italy, I was hooked. I'm really excited for this one. Add it to your Goodreads shelf here.


After that, I'm going to read The Wedding Cake Girl by Ann Pfeffer (YA-Realistic Contemporary. I read Loving Emily which is now entitled Any Other Night and loved it, so I'm really excited to read this one. It looks really good and since I know I love her writing style. I can't wait to read this one. Add it to your Goodreads shelf here. 

That's all for me. What about you guys? What are you reading? Please leave your link in the comments. I love hearing from you.


Love,
Danica Page

73 comments:

  1. The Sweetest Spell has been on my hit list for a while now! Gotta love retellings and also, If I lie :)

    Here is mine: Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly retellings are incredible if they are well-written.

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving your link.

      Delete
  2. 'If I Lie', is on my TBR-list already. But, 'The Sweetest Spell'... I kind of knocked it off my list, right away. I think I'm going to too add it to my TBR-list now, though. Great picks!

    Check out my Waiting On Wednesday post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't excited to read it at first either, but then I kept seeing it pop up over and over and then I decided I had to read it.

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving your link.

      Delete
  3. Great picks ! I love the sound of If I Lie.
    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you liked my picks.

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of both books before, but they both sound interesting. I like the premise of the first book. I don't know what fairy tale it's based from, but if that girl were real, I'd totally steal her too! If I Lie sounds intriguing as well. Thanks for sharing!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could bring them to your attention. And yes, if that girl were real, I know many people who would steal her.

      Maybe you could just befriend her. She might be more willing to help you that way.

      Delete
  5. Meant To Be seems good. I'd love to read it, I love YA contemps!
    Here's mine:
    Michelle Shouts Random: WWW Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love YA contemps. They are so good. Thanks for the follow. You just made my day. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi there!
    I haven’t heard of any of these books, but I hope you enjoy them all!

    You can find my WWW post here:
    http://www.peekabook.it/2012/07/www-wednesdays-july-25.html

    Happy reading! :)

    Valentina
    http://www.peekabook.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I do hope I enjoy them. Thanks for leaving your link. I'll be sure to check it out.

      Delete
  7. Your Waiting on Wednesday picks are books I am really looking forward to too! I especially can't wait to get my hands on The Sweetest Spell. Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you liked my picks. I know I'm looking forward to them.

      Delete
  8. Both the books you're waiting on sound really good. I'm not big on contemporary novels, but the synopsis of If I Lie makes it seem very promising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you like them...and yes If I lie does sound intriguing.

      Delete
  9. Wow you have a load of great looking books for your WWW Wednesday post. The Romanov Conspiracy and The Ghost in the Crystal sound interesting and Meant to Be has such a lovely, bright cover. Hope you enjoy your next read :)

    -Becca@Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/www-wednesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like what I've been reading. I'm about 1/2way done with The Romanov Conspiracy and it is incredible so far.

      Thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  10. Wow,I haven't heard of any of these, but they sound amazing! I love how you link to goodreads.com making it easy for us to add to our TBRs - :)
    Mine is here
    http://lostinsidethecovers.wordpress.com/2012/07/25/www-wednesdays-july-25th/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, :) I hate trying to manually search fro books so I figured I would just put the links in my post. I'm glad you appreciated it. I know I'm appreciative when other people include links.

      Thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  11. I've seen sweetest spell on NG, and it looks good.
    hope you get to read it soon! Feel free to check out my WoW here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see it on NG...hmm I hate when people tell me there's a good book I missed getting on there.

      Thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  12. Tyler Falls sounds like a really good read. I think I'm going to have to look into that one. I am also looking forward to what you think about Meant to be.

    My WWW Wednesday can be found here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I really liked it. Thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  13. Does the Wedding Cake Girl make wedding cakes, or eat them? If it's the latter, I'm not sure I buy that's her on the cover.

    Here's my WWW Wednesdays Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! She designs the cakes. Thanks for commenting and leaving your link.

      Delete
  14. I had never heard of any of these books before, but Meant to Be looks adorable! Here's my WWW Wednesday: http://thebookvoyage.blogspot.com/2012/07/www-wednesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look really incredible. Thanks for leaving your link. I loved the books on your list.

      Delete
  15. I am definitely going to check out The Sweetest Spell! It sounds like an interesting premise...and we all need more fairy tales in life ;)
    Here's my WWW http://canireadeverything.blogspot.com/2012/07/www-wednesday-july-25-2012.html

    happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fairy tales too.

      Thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  16. I like how you have the "add it to your goodreads shelf" link. Nice touch! My list is at http://katybrandes.wordpress.com/2012/07/25/www-wednesdays-25th-july/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added it because I loved when bloggers did that. It made it easier to add them to my to-read list. That might be a bad thing actually.

      Thanks for leaving your link!

      Delete
  17. I haven't heard of any of your books! I'm on quite a YA kick lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YA novels are quite good. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  18. If I Lie sounds really good! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Shut Up & Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome and I'm glad you like If I lie.

      Delete
  19. These look really great. Great pick. Thank you for stopping by my WoW.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you like my books.

      Delete
  20. Good picks. Thanks for stopping by Libby Blog today. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  21. The Sweetest Spell is one that I have been pining for! I am pretty excited for it. Great picks this week! Thanks for stopping by :)

    MaryAnn
    Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look really intriguing. I'm excited for it too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  22. Wow The Sweetest Spell sounds so difference, I would love to be able to turn milk into chocolate ;). Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Snady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome and yes that would be a nice gift to have.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  23. Great WoW picks like you I adore fairy tale re-tellings. Added to my list:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Who doesn't love fairy tale retellings? They are incredible. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  24. Ooh I can't wait for If I Lie! Awesome picks!
    Thanks for stopping by:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it does look very good. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  25. Hmm...I would like the power to transform milk into chocolate too. Sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would do, but I'd gain three hundred pounds...so probably for the best that I don't have this ability. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  26. The Sweetest Spell sounds different. Turning milk into chocolate lol How about turning milk into gold! Now that would be good. If I Lie sounds intense. I hope she can work things out with her boyfriend and curious the secrets she has from the guy she kissed. Great picks and thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of books about people turning things into gold...I do think that would be more useful. And gold wouldn't cause you to gain three hundred pounds either.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  27. The Sweetest Spell definitely sounds unique!...a mysterious bond with cows? I do love the idea of turning milk into chocolate :)

    Ah, I can't wait to read Meant To Be!! Looks amazing and I'm looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That line made me laugh too. I don't think I have a bond with any animal, let alone a mysterious bond.

      Delete
  28. I'd love to be able to make chocolate, that sounds amazing!!! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy all of your books! :)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I'm glad you liked them.

      Delete
  29. Wow, awesome books overload, haha. I'm really intrigued by The Sweetest Spell. I love fairy tale retellings, and this one sounds really unique. Plus, the ability to turn things into chocolate? Nice.

    I've been on a bit of contemporary kick lately, and thriller, so the Romanov Conspiracy will have to go on my To-Read. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Romanov Conspiracy was nothing short of incredible. Definitely recommend it.

      Delete
  30. Both books sound really interesting. I like the idea of The Sweetest Spell, and I totally agree that the premise of If I Lie sounds interesting but I'm not too sure about it either. It kinda sounds like maybe things aren't quite as simple, I don't know?! But I will definitley be keeping an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...it does sound like things won't be quite as simple as they are made out to be. That is often how it works out.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  31. Love the cover! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The Sweetest Spell has such a lovely cover!!! I can not believe I have not heard of it before considering I adore fairy tale retellings!!! If I Lie sounds awesome too. Great choices!!! Thanks for sharing.

    Following your blog! Feel free to visit my blog.
    SeeitORreadit


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow and yes fairy tale retellings are absolutely lovely.

      Delete
  33. I discovered If I Lie on another WOW and added it to my wishlist. It is a great choice. I love how intense the story line sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow, lots of awesome books to pick from! thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome and thanks for stopping by my blog too.

      Delete
  35. Seems like an awesome book :D Hope you'll love it once it comes out ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

For the next 18 months, I won't have the ability to check my comments as often as I would like to, so for that period of time, I'm adding word verification. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I love your comments though, they make my day. So please keep commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (304) books (271) Book Review (243) asked to review (157) blogging (132) meme (104) writing (98) review (79) young adult (76) blog tour (69) series (68) netgalley (63) fiction (61) realistic (49) arc (47) romance (47) contemporary (46) adult (44) reading addiction blog tours (40) characters (38) writing process (35) 2012 (34) Waiting on Wednesday (33) 2013 (31) christian (31) IMM (27) Teaser Tuesday (27) my favorites (27) WWW Wednesdays (24) guest post (24) Top Ten Tuesday (23) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) new adult (19) letters (18) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) fantasy (16) historical fiction (16) contests (15) debut novel 2012 (15) paranormal (15) NWOC (14) writing advice (14) giveaway (13) Black Rose (12) excerpt (12) suspense (12) author spotlight (11) editing (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) promo (10) sophomore novel (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) mystery (9) covers (8) debut (8) short story (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) chick-lit (7) debut novel 2013 (7) dystopia (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) sci-fi (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) lists (4) nonfiction (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) amish (3) blog hop (3) debut novel 2011 (3) middle grade (3) retelling (3) sports (3) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Q and A (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) awards (2) college (2) contes (2) howard books (2) novella (2) rant (2) standalone novel (2) top 10 (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) abuse (1) action (1) analysis (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) classic literature (1) country challenge (1) design (1) inspirational (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) male pov (1) month overview (1) partners in crime blog tour (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) trailers (1)