Sunday, August 19, 2012

Book Review: Reinventing Claire by Darian Wilk

Hello Readers,

Due to computer failures I'm a day late in posting this. So sorry. 

Anyway, today I'm posting my book review of Darian Wilk's Reinventing Claire. I loved Darian's first book Unfinished Love and so naturally I was excited to read this one.

Before I get into my review, here's the synopsis of this book.

People get divorced, but that's what happens to other people. That's what Claire thought anyway, until her husband, Charlie, tells her he wants a divorce.

Claire has no choice but to take on the title of Divorced Woman, and face the question she has no idea how to answer. Who is Claire without Charlie? Her family believes her newly divorced woes can be cured by landing herself a boyfriend. With her dating dunce cap in hand, Claire stumbles her way through the foreign territory of online dating.

A teacher from hell, a softball coach, and a sap later, Claire proclaims herself the dating idiot she thought she was, and fears she's doomed to be a lonely, crazy cat lady. But an accidental run-in with an old acquaintance might change everything. What starts with comparing dating battle wounds over a cup of coffee, quickly turns into something Claire had given up on.

As Claire discovers maybe there is love after Charlie after all, Charlie realizes his mistake. He wants her back, and he'll do anything to prove it to her. Now Claire must choose who deserves her heart, and if she's really willing to give it away again.

Links to be included (if possible):

Darian's novel Love Unfinished will also be available for free on Amazon from August 20 through August 24. I enjoyed the first one and strongly recommend that you take advantage of reading this for review. Click here.

Here is some information about the author Darian Wilk. 

I'm a women's fiction writer, author of Love Unfinished and Reinventing Claire. I love the challenge and thrill of putting words onto paper, and forming it into a story. For me, the only thing better than that are my kids.

On the occasions I'm not engulfed in writing, you'll find me reading a book, either for fun or for review on my blog, Crazy Lady with a Pen. When I'm not reading, I'm spending time with my friends and family. Life is too short to pass those beautiful little moments life has to offer by, I want to soak up every moment I can. 

For more information about me, my books, reviews, or my blog, please visit my website, www.DarianWilk.weebly.com.

And now for my review:

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

Disclaimers: I received a copy of this book from the author as part of the blog tour in exchange for my honest opinion. 

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: Darian's writing style is always poignant and always genuine. Her characters are always compelling and the plot line is always well-crafted.

I am always wowed by the way Darian's book make me feel. Her books always leave me feeling deeply connected. Claire has just lost her job and then the day ends with her husband telling her that he wants a divorce because there's another women in the picture. Talk about a terrible day.

Claire is unable to move on. Everybody tells her that Charlie wasn't worth it and that she's better off without him. They don't understand that she still loves him. They convince her to start dating. She reluctantly agrees and goes on dates that are in short disastrous and miserable.

However, then an old friend enters her life and she thinks she might just have found love. But then Charlie decides he wants her back. How can you choose between the man you loved and were married to and the man you are falling in love with.

The writing style as I mentioned was genuine, addicting, and thoroughly enjoyable. The characters rang true and offered a multi-faceted cast. From her younger sister who is loose in her affection, to her older sister who is happily married and presents the love that she wishes she had, to the unique array of characters that she dates.

The book offered a quick and entertaining read. Women's fiction at its best.  

In Summary: Darian Wilk has the ability to write poignantly about the complexities of relationships and the beautiful healing power of love. 

The Wrap-up: Darian Wilk is becoming an author that I adore. I will definitely be keeping tabs on her novels. Both Reinventing Claire and Love Unfinished are definitely two books that I recommend to fans of this genre. 

Love, 

Danica Page

4 comments:

  1. I read Love Unfinished and loved it. I will be one of the first to download Reinventing Claire tomorrow. Can't wait to start it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darian's writing truly is incredible. I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the amazing review, Danica. That truly made my day, you're the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)