Friday, September 21, 2012

Blog Tour/Book Review: Pulled by A.L. Jackson

Hello Readers,

Today I'm pleased to be a part of the blog tour for A.L. Jackson's novel Pulled. This blog tour was set up by Reading Addiction Blog Tours. Today I'll be including a review and a chance to win an ebook of this book.

Before I get into my review, here's some information about the author:



A.L. Jackson first found a love for writing during her days as a young mother and college student.  She filled the journals she carried with short stories and poems used as an emotional outlet for the difficulties and joys she found in day-to-day life.

Years later, she shared a short story she’d been working on with her two closest friends and, with their encouragement, this story became her first full length novel. A.L. now spends her days writing in Southern Arizona where she lives with her husband and three beautiful children. Her favorite pastime is spending time with the ones she loves. 


  
Links to Buy



Here's the synopsis:


Melanie Winters and Daniel Montgomery shared a love most only dream of, a love they believed bonded them together for life.  When their world is shattered by the tragic loss of their daughter, overwhelming grief and misguided guilt distorts the truth, and their relationship ends in uncertainty and unanswered questions. 

For nine years, they drift through life, each unable to forget the one who holds the strings to their heart.  In an attempt to escape the pain of her past, Melanie finds herself trapped in a loveless marriage, while Daniel loses himself in a career that means nothing without Melanie by his side.  

Now, when their lives again intersect, neither can deny the connection they felt so long ago.  

But will the power that drew them together be enough to heal the wounds from their past, and will they have the courage to overcome the insecurities and fears that threaten to keep them apart? 

Pulled is a story of attraction and separation, of destiny and duty, of a love so strong it refuses to give up even when all others have. 


And finally this is my review.

My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars. 

Disclaimers: I received an electronic copy of this book for review as part of the blog tour. I was not obligated to write a good review nor was I compensated for my review.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: This book is my second book by A.L. Jackson and so I had high hopes for this one.

The premise sounded intriguing and so I decided to give it a shot. It wasn't like I thought it would be, but it was still beautiful in its own way.

I found Melanie Winters and Daniel Montgomery to be an intriguing couple to read about and enjoyed watching them interact with one another. Their story was interesting and I found myself flying through the novel.

A.L. Jackson's writing, just like last time, was incredible. I found myself drawn in by the way she crafted her story. She always writes beautifully.

However, I found the plot to be slightly unrealistic at times and certain elements of the noel bugged me. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to ruin anything. I'll just say certain aspects of Melanie and Daniel's romance bugged me. 

I know some people will say that love is messy and this novel reflects that. However, there were still moments that irked me.

And yet, I still really enjoyed the novel. A.L. Jackson is a great writer and her story did draw me in. If you like romance, check this one out. 

In Summary: A.L. Jackson is brilliant at writing stories centered around complex relationships that will draw you in from the very beginning. Intriguing characters and a complex plot combine to create an enjoyable read. 

The Wrap-up: I did enjoy this book, but I left it feeling like it was slightly unrealistic and a little bugged by certain elements. However, I feel like many of the things that bugged me wouldn't have bugged other people. If you love romance, check this one out.

And now for your chance to win a copy of this book. 

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Love,

Danica Page

2 comments:

  1. I need a break from my usual genre of choice which is YA Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy. This looks like it would be a good choice. Thanks for the chance to win it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)