Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (24)




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The point is to share a book that hasn't bee released yet, but one that you are dying to read.

This is my twenty-fourth time participating in this meme.This week I have chosen one historical adult fiction novel and one paranormal young adult.

The first one is Queen of the Waves by Janice Thompson and Janice Hanna. It comes out on October 1, 2012 and is being published by Summerside Press.  I heard about this book last week from another blogger and it looked really interesting. So I thought I would share this book with you guys. 

The cover draws me in and the plot sounds amazing. I'm definitely going to be reading this one. 

Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:

When pampered Jacqueline Abington secretly elopes with the family gardener, she asks another woman to take her place on the much anticipated maiden voyage of the Titanic. Tessa Yarborough hails from a poor corner of London but has been granted the opportunity of a lifetime--a ticket to sail to America aboard a famed vessel. But there's a catch: she must assume Jacqueline's identity. For the first time in her life, Tessa stays in luxurious quarters, dresses in elegant gowns, and dines with prestigious people. Then a wealthy American man takes an interest in her, and Tessa struggles to keep up the ruse as she begins falling for him. When tragedy strikes, the game is up, and two women's lives are forever changed.

Add this book to your Goodreads shelf.

The second one is Poison Princess by Kresley Cole. This book will be published on October 2, 2012 by Siomon and Schuster. This one just looks incredible. 


Here's the synopsis:

Sixteen year old Evangeline “Evie” Greene leads a charmed life, until she begins experiencing horrifying hallucinations. When an apocalyptic event decimates her Louisiana hometown, Evie realizes her hallucinations were actually visions of the future—and they’re still happening. Fighting for her life and desperate for answers, she must turn to her wrong-side-of-the-bayou classmate: Jack Deveaux.

But she can’t do either alone.

With his mile-long rap sheet, wicked grin, and bad attitude, Jack is like no boy Evie has ever known. Even though he once scorned her and everything she represented, he agrees to protect Evie on her quest. She knows she can’t totally depend on Jack. If he ever cast that wicked grin her way, could she possibly resist him?

Who can Evie trust?

As Jack and Evie race to find the source of her visions, they meet others who have gotten the same call. An ancient prophesy is being played out, and Evie is not the only one with special powers. A group of twenty-two teens has been chosen to reenact the ultimate battle between good and evil. But it’s not always clear who is on which side….



Add this book to your Goodreads shelf. 

And those are the books that I'm dying to read. But enough about me, what book did you guys pick? Please leave your link in the comments section. I love hearing from you guys.

Love,

Danica Page

40 comments:

  1. We have such similar blog names!!! How cool! *blog name buddy hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. We do. I didn't even notice. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. i really like kresley cole's paranormal romances and i cannot wait to read her YA debut. love the cover of poison princess too!!

    our WoW.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never read one of her books but I've heard great things about it. Thanks for stopping by and for leaving your link.

      Delete
  3. I've had Poison Princess on my list for a while now because it sounds great! I hadn't heard Queen of the Waves before but I'm intrigued. I like historical novels but I'm sometimes a bit queasy among romances, but this one seems to be set differently. Also the late 19th and early 20th century are among my fave periods, and I need to know whether Tessa survives the sinking of the Titanic now!

    Thanks for stopping by my post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. I'm always worried that romances are going to end up being trashy, but this one did catch my eye. And yes, I also want to know if she survives. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Both look great! Normally I'd be all over "Poison Princess" (and don't get me wrong- it goes on the list) but "Queen of the Waves," a book I'd normally never read, looks really good too.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I could introduce you to a book that is unlike something you've read before. Sometimes I find those are my favorite.

      Delete
  5. I want this book too!! Great pick! Thanks so much for spotlighting it today. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and I'm so glad you enjoyed my pick. Thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  6. Both great picks! I'm dying to read the Poison Princess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked them and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. I really can't wait to read Poison Princess - love that cover too!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves that cover. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Great picks. They sound amazing. I really like the cover of Queen of the Waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also really love that cover. Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to read it.

      Delete
  9. I really like the cover of Queen of the Waves .gr8 wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like the cover and that you enjoyed my WoW. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Both of these are really great picks! I hadn't heard of Queen of the Waves yet, but I am really glad you showcased it! Thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome and thanks for stopping by. I hadn't heard of it either until last week, but it looks good.

      Delete
  11. I really like the sound of Poison Princess! I think it'll be really interesting!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like the sound of it. I hope it's good. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. Hooray, another Titanic book. Thanks for sharing. I added it to my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't read many books about the Titanic...I really need to change that.

      Delete
  13. Great picks! I'm really excited for Poison Princess! It sounds so good and I have heard some great things about it.

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't heard that much about the book, but I've heard good things about the author. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. Queen of the Waves sounds good. Thanks for stopping by my WOW. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. I'm glad it caught your fancy.

      Delete
  15. I'm dying to read Poison Princess! I've already pre-ordered it and everything. Haha. Great picks!

    Thanks for stopping by The Book Slayer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Don't you love the ability to pre-order.

      Delete
  16. I can't wait to read Poison Princess! It looks like an amazing read. I haven't heard of the other book but it sounds really good too =0 Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great picks!! I can't wait for Poison Princess! :)
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two great picks! Both new to me. I hope you get them and love them!! :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad I could introduce you to two new bokos.

      Delete
  19. I have Poison Princess on my to-read list and I'm really excited about it. I hadn't heard of the other book but it sounds good too. I hope you enjoy your picks when you get the chance to read them.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and I also hope I enjoy them.

      Delete
  20. Awesome picks! I want to read them both, though Queen of the Waves sounds like a bit of a heartbreaker...I bet it's worth it! Thanks for sharing and thank you for stopping by my WoW! I really like your blog, New Follower by GFC!
    K. Bo Baron @ Bo Baron Presents

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh, a book with a Titanic story! Interesting! I am reading Poison Princess right now. I've been super excited for it too!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW, and sorry I am so late with a response.

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (324) books (308) Book Review (287) asked to review (184) blogging (135) review (118) meme (113) series (112) writing (98) young adult (97) romance (91) realistic (86) contemporary (82) netgalley (77) fiction (75) blog tour (69) adult (57) arc (51) christian (50) reading addiction blog tours (40) Waiting on Wednesday (38) characters (38) my favorites (38) new adult (36) 2012 (35) 2013 (35) writing process (35) Teaser Tuesday (29) Top Ten Tuesday (28) IMM (27) WWW Wednesdays (25) guest post (25) historical fiction (23) fantasy (22) suspense (22) The Chosen One (21) paranormal (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) debut novel 2012 (15) NWOC (14) giveaway (14) writing advice (14) excerpt (13) mystery (13) Black Rose (12) author spotlight (11) chick-lit (11) debut (11) dystopia (11) editing (11) promo (11) sophomore novel (11) 2014 (10) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) covers (8) sci-fi (8) short story (8) standalone novel (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) retelling (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) lists (4) nonfiction (4) novella (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) 2015 (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) amish (3) blog hop (3) debut novel 2011 (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) sports (3) top 10 (3) 3 stars (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Q and A (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) awards (2) college (2) contes (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) abuse (1) action (1) analysis (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) classic literature (1) country challenge (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) inspirational (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) partners in crime blog tour (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) trailers (1)