Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday....#25





Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The point is to share a book that hasn't been released yet, but one that you are dying to read.

This is my twenty-fifth time participating in this meme.This week I have chosen  to spotlight two young adult novels.

The first one is Mystic City by debut author Theo Lawrence. It comes out on October 9, 2012 and is being published by Delacorte Books for Young Readers. 

Okay so I heard about this one a few weeks ago, and basically it looks amazing. I loved Matched and The Hunger Games and am curious to see if the comparison is accurate. This book just sounds so intriguing and unlike anything I've read recently...meaning I have to read it.

Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:

For fans of Matched, The Hunger Games, X-Men, and Blade Runner comes a tale of a magical city divided, a political rebellion ignited, and a love that was meant to last forever. Book One of the Mystic City Novels.

Aria Rose, youngest scion of one of Mystic City's two ruling rival families, finds herself betrothed to Thomas Foster, the son of her parents' sworn enemies. The union of the two will end the generations-long political feud—and unite all those living in the Aeries, the privileged upper reaches of the city, against the banished mystics who dwell below in the Depths. But Aria doesn't remember falling in love with Thomas; in fact, she wakes one day with huge gaps in her memory. And she can't conceive why her parents would have agreed to unite with the Fosters in the first place. Only when Aria meets Hunter, a gorgeous rebel mystic from the Depths, does she start to have glimmers of recollection—and to understand that he holds the key to unlocking her past. The choices she makes can save or doom the city—including herself. 


Add this book to your Goodreads shelf.

The second one is Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone. This book will be published on October 9, 2012 by Hyperion. 


Okay so if you haven't heard about this book yet, I'll be stunned. It has been on my wishlist for forever. I don't know what it is about time travel, but it gets to me every time. Plus the cover and the synopsis are stunning. And for the most part, I've heard great things about it. 

Here's the synopsis:

Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett has the unique ability to travel through time and space, which brings him into Anna’s life, and with him a new world of adventure and possibility.

As their relationship deepens, the two face the reality that time may knock Bennett back to where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate, what consequences they can bear in order to stay together, and whether their love can stand the test of time.

Fresh, exciting, and deeply romantic, Time Between Us is a stunning, spellbinding debut from an extraordinary new voice in YA fiction.


Add this book to your Goodreads shelf. 

And those are the books that I'm dying to read. But enough about me, what book did you guys pick? Please leave your link in the comments section. I love hearing from you guys.

Love,

Danica Page

50 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on Time Between Us. I've seen Mystic City around a little bit, but haven't heard much about it. Great picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you liked my picks. Yes, I've heard a lot about Time Between Us, but not about Mystic City. I wonder why that is. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Both sound great, but I'm leaning toward "Mystic City." Though the time-traveling in "The Time Between Us" has some great elements too. Thanks for sharing-- and stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also leaning toward Mystic City, but yes both sound great. Thanks for stopping by and for commenting.

      Delete
  3. I also want to read Time Between Us! I've never read a time-travel story before, so I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? You've never read a time travel book before. Have you seen a time travel movie? I love them. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  4. Time Between Us was my last week's WoW pick. Also can't wait for Mystic City!
    Here's my Wednesday post.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike, huh? I also can't wait for Mystic City...which is pretty obvious since it's my WoW, but still. Thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  5. Both books sound interesting! Thanks for sharing and stopping by!
    Your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow. I'm glad you liked my books.

      Delete
  6. I have Mystic city on my to-read list and I can't wait to get my hands on it. It sounds amazing! Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.
    Also, I'm having an international giveaway, check it out here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It does sound pretty amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on it either.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Great picks, I'm also looking forward to both of them.
    Thank you for sharing and stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. I'm glad you liked my picks and I'm also super glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  8. I'm super excited for both! Great picks!! :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked both picks as well. And thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Loving the cover of Mystic City, sounds like my kind of book too!!

    You can check out My WoW here-
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad you like the look of it. I loved your picks. They look most intriguing.

      Delete
  10. Both sounds great. I'm especially excited for Time Between Us. It sounds so great. Thanks for sharing.

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm also excited for that one. It looks incredible. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. Great picks! I'm really excited for both of these! They sound great, especially Time Between Us!

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also really excited about both of these. They just look so intriguing. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. These both sound fantastic. I have Mystic City, and still haven't started it yet. :(

    Thank you for stopping by
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when you have a great book but haven't found time to read it yet. That's the worst. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  13. Those are great picks! Thanks for stopping by. We are new followers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked my picks. And thanks for the follow. Since I liked your blog, I decided to follow back.

      Delete
  14. Danica..I just recently finished Mystic City and my review will post October 8th, I gotta tell ya I friggin loved it!! ooh and i am a sucker for time travel books..great choices this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I can't wait to read your review. I'll definitely be checking it out. I'm glad I'm not the only sucker for time travel books. :)

      Delete
  15. I loved Time Between Us! A very romantic story. Mystic city sounds very intriguing. I'm looking forward to that one! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. I'm glad Time Between Us has your endorsement. That just made me even more excited to read it.

      Delete
  16. Mystic City is on my list, too. I'm glad it's almost time for it to be released! I hadn't heard of Time Between Us...so I guess I'm behind. Sounds good though. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens. There are books that everybody else has heard about and then I think "wait how did I miss this?" It happens to the best of us.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  17. Great Choices. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome and I'm glad you liked my choices.

      Delete
  18. Awesome choices! I love WoW! I always end up adding 20+ books to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also end up adding about twenty books to my to-read list too. You gotta love that...until you look at your wallet. :)

      Delete
  19. Mystic City's cover looks familiar, but I don't remember the synopsis. Great pick. And thanks for stopping by my wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my picks. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  20. Mystic City sounds so cool. Thanks for stopping by Libby Blog!
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Thanks for stopping by too.

      Delete
  21. Nice picks!I can´t wait to read Time Between Us.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. And yes, I also can't wait to read that one.

      Delete
  22. Mystic City does look amazing. I have a copy of Time Between us, but I haven't read it yet.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when I have a copy of a book, but don't have time to read it yet. Thanks for stopping b as well.

      Delete
  23. Those are on my TBR list too. I want to read Mystic City so badly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one dying to read it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  24. Oooh, isn't that Mystic City cover so beautiful?! Great picks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely a fan of it. Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you liked my picks.

      Delete
  25. Both books I am dying to read, especially Time Between Us! I pre-ordered a signed copy that I am so excited to arrive in the mail in a couple weeks. Great picks!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW. Sorry for responding so late. :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! A signed copy. Now I am jealous. Thanks for stopping by my WoW. And don't worry about responding late. Life happens. :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)