Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #26






Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The point is to share a book that hasn't been released yet, but one that you are dying to read.

This is my twenty-sixth time participating in this meme.This week I have chosen to spotlight two young adult novels. One is a historical paranormal and one is a realistic contemporary.

The first one is Out of Reach by debut author Carrie Acros. It comes out on October 16, 2012 and is being published by Simon Pulse. 

The synopsis:


How do you find someone who doesn’t want to be found? A girl searches for her missing addict brother while confronting her own secrets in this darkly lyrical novel.Rachel has always idolized her older brother Micah. He struggles with addiction, but she tells herself that he’s in control. And she almost believes it. Until the night that Micah doesn’t come home.

Rachel’s terrified—and she can’t help but feel responsible. She should have listened when Micah tried to confide in her. And she only feels more guilt when she receives an anonymous note telling her that Micah is nearby and in danger.

With nothing more to go on than hope and a slim lead, Rachel and Micah’s best friend, Tyler, begin the search. Along the way, Rachel will be forced to confront her own dark secrets, her growing attraction to Tyler…and the possibility that Micah may never come home.


Why I'm waiting?

I only recently discovered this one, but it loves so explosive. I love realistic contemporaries and this one looks incredible. This book promises to be full of intrigue, suspense, and romance—three of my favorite things. Also it's a debut novel and I'm taking part of that challenge. 

Plus, I've heard great things about it so far, and the cover is intriguing.

Add this book to your Goodreads shelf.


The second one is The Unfailing Light (Katerina #2)by Robin Bridges. It comes out on October 9, 2012 and is being published by Delacorte Books for Young Readers. 

The synopsis:


Lush and opulent, romantic and sinister, The Unfailing Light, Volume II in The Katerina Trilogy, reimagines the lives of Russia's aristocracy in a fabulously intoxicating and page-turning fantasy.

Having had no choice but to use her power has a necromancer to save Russia from dark forces, Katerina Alexandrovna, Duchess of Oldenburg, now wants to forget that she ever used her special powers. She's about to set off to pursue her lifelong dream of attending medical school when she discovers that Russia's arch nemesis--who she thought she'd destroyed--is still alive. So on imperial orders, Katerina remains at her old finishing school. She'll be safe there, because the empress has cast a potent spell to protect it against the vampires and revenants who are bent on toppling the tsar and using Katerina for their own gains. But to Katerina's horror, the spell unleashes a vengeful ghost within the school, a ghost more dangerous than any creature trying to get in.


Why I'm waiting?

I loved the first one in this series. It was so unlike anything I've ever read before and yet something about the novel drew me in so completely. I can't wait to see what happens next. 

Plus, it's about Russia. I love Russia. My favorite books are Crime and Punishment and Anna Karenina—enough said. Also the covers are so beautiful.
I'm not normally interested in books about necromancers but Bridges might be changing my mind.


Add this book to your Goodreads shelf. 

And those are the books that I'm dying to read. But enough about me, what book did you guys pick? Please leave your link in the comments section. I love hearing from you guys.

P.S. My copy of Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson came today. Squeal! I'm so excited. I've waited years for this novel. 

Love,

Danica Page

25 comments:

  1. Out of Reach sounds very interesting to me. I had a brother who had some drug issues in his teens, so this will likely hit close to home. But sometimes, that is necessary. Thanks so much for sharing.

    My WoW,
    Kathy Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the same way cancer books are for me. They always hit too close to home and yet I still read them. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Out of Reach sounds amazing! Oct 16 is not a very long wait so I hope to get my hands on it soon ;)
    new follower :)

    here's our WOW
    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow. And yes, thankfully both of these are coming up pretty quickly.

      Delete
  3. Both are on my list and i can't wait :-)
    Great Picks!

    Cassie
    GreatMunchieReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your link. I still need to read the Iron Fey series, but it sounds interesting.

      Delete
  4. Out of Reach is on my wishlist as well! I'll need to remember to order a copy. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two totally different book but both look great!

    I'll be writing my post after I get the kids off to school :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are totally different, but I'm definitely looking forward to reading them. Thanks for the friendship request on Goodreads.

      Delete
  6. I love realistic contemporaries, too. Addiction is a topic that draws me in...almost like an addiction!

    Enjoy both your picks...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not a lone in loving contemporaries. It seems like a lot of people don't like them though.

      And I definitely love books about addictions. Funny how that works, right?

      Delete
  7. I remember wanting to read The Gathering Storm but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I love the cover for the second part! And my main reason for wanting to read the series is also that it plays in old Russia :) Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love Old Russia. It's a beautiful time. Definitely recommend The Gathering Storm if you love Russia.

      Delete
  8. I hadn't heard of either of them so thanks for bringing them to my attention! I'll need to add Unfailing Light to my TBR pile. ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday post you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving your link. Make sure you check out The Gathering Storm first. This isn't a series I would recommend jumping into.

      Delete
  9. Great picks! Both sound good and Out of Reach especially sounds good.

    Thanks for visiting my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Out of Reach isn't something I would usually go for, but I do like the sound of it! The cover is beautifully simple too. Great picks, Danica! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how I feel too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. I feel like we've been waiting for Out of Reach for so long. Great picks and thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by as well. Yep that one does seem fantastic.

      Delete
  12. Hi, Danica!

    Thanks so much for dropping by and commenting on my WOW!

    I ADORE your second pick!!! I love novels about Russia, too! I'll add this one to my TBR right away!! Thanks!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hadn't realized the second Katerina book was coming out so soon! I still need to read the first one, and am really looking forward to it.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy hearing about everyone's contemporary recommendations because I read so little, so thank you for your pick! Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)