Thursday, November 15, 2012

Annie Oldham's Infraction

Hello Readers,

So I wanted to post this on the first, but that didn't happen. My life has been crazy lately. But hey this post is only two weeks later that I originally planned. (:

Planning on going on a 18 month trip takes a lot of prep and when you add being a full-time student, full-time employee, NaNoWriMo, and being the head chair of two massive Christmas projects, life gets really busy.

However, I wanted to talk about a brilliant author named Annie Oldham and her latest novel Infraction. 

I'd like to start by sharing some information about Annie.

Annie Oldham graduated from BYU (the school that I attend) and majored in English (that's also my major, isn't the world small sometimes?). Annie is happily married and according to her blog, feels that she is the mother "of the most adorable girls in the world."

Apart from being a wife and mother, Annie is actively pursuing her passion for writing. Infraction is the fourth book that Annie has written and is the second in the Burn series.

You can get in contact with Annie through her website. Be sure to stop by and be sure to check out her blog tour schedule to learn even more about Annie and her latest novel Infraction. 

I first became introduced to Annie when she asked me to review her book The Burn over almost two years ago. Ever since then, I have had the privilege of working with her several times and in several capacities. 

These are all the times Annie has appeared directly/indirectly on my blog:

My Review of The Burn-This is the book that precedes Infraction. The Burn was an incredible book that I absolutely adored. 

Q&A with Annie Oldham-Annie was nice enough to put up with me asking her a few questions. 

My Review of Bound-Another really excellent read.

So naturally when Annie contacted me and asked if I would perform a light copyedit of Infraction, I jumped at the chance. I'm so glad I did. 

Annie is always so great to work with. Her writing is always incredible and she has such a great personality. Working with her on Infraction, simply solidified that opinion. 

This is the review I wrote of Infraction on Goodreads: 


Annie is an incredible writer. Her novels always suck me in so completely. I've had the opportunity to review several of her novels and have loved every single one of them. She is definitely a writer that I'm going to be keeping tabs on.

I helped Annie with this book by providing a light copyedit. However, as I was going along, I found myself having to remind myself not to get caught up in the story and to keep editing. 

Her characters are brilliantly developed, her plot is beautiful, and the pacing is excellent.

This is the second book in a series that I both love and recommend. This one is definitely worth reading.


Yes, I edited this book, but it was still so incredible. Sequels are usually such drags and are usually impossible to get through. But even while editing this one, I found myself wondering what would happen next.

This book is definitely one I recommend which is why I'm including the Amazon link. Think about buying this one and The Burn. This is a series you won't regret reading or buying.

Amazon link to The Burn
Amazon link to Infraction

Love,

Danica Page

2 comments:

  1. Danica, what can I say? You're too kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing about this author and her novels. I love discovering new ones and I am so glad you discovered her. Hope things are going well in your hectic life!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)