2013 New Adult Challenge!
I am taking part in the 2013 New Adult Challenge hosted by Barbara and Cait @ Basia's Bookshelf, Danya @ A Tapestry Of Words, Tara @ Tater's Tall Tails and Victoria @ Confessions Of A Twenty Something Fiction Writer.
The rules for the challenge are:
- The book must feature a protagonist who is past the average age for graduation from high school (18 in most places) and under 30. If they’re exactly 18, you can make the judgment call based on content. (If the majority of it is set in high school, it’s probably YA.)
- They don’t have to be contemporaries! Fantasy, dystopian and paranormal fans rejoice, your books count too. As long as the characters fall into the comparative age group on whatever planet or in whatever world, it works.
- You don’t have to have a blog to participate, but you must post your reviews somewhere accessible online (like Goodreads).
The levels for this challenge are:
- Just Graduated: Read a minimum of 5 New Adult books
- Moving Out: Read a minimum of 10 New Adult books
- Living On Your Own: Read a minimum of 20 New Adult books
- Fully Independent: Read a minimum of 30 New Adult books
I am leaving for an extended 18 month trip in either May or June where I will not be reading books, so I'm going to go for the JUST GRADUATED stage. That's one New Adult book a month which I think is still quite the challenge. This sounds like a lot of fun. I'm definitely in.
Best of luck to everybody else who decides to participate.
Update: 2/6/2013-I didn't expect to become addicted to this genre. I've already read 15 books for this challenge, so I'm moving it up to the Fully Independent stage. 30 books. I think I'll end up with 25, but I'll go for it.