Saturday, December 29, 2012

Top 12 Books of 2012 That I Really Should Have Read

Hello Readers,

I saw this incredible post on Nicole's blog The Reader's Antidote and liked it so much that I decided I would do my own post. Nicole's blog is awesome so be sure to check it out.

And so without further ado, here are 12 books that I really really should have read in 2012. This list isn't any particular order.


The Fault in Our Stars by John Green- I think everybody I know loved this book. I've heard it's really really sad, but I still want to read it. I have actually read only one of John's books. Cringe. I definitely need to change that.


Everneath by Brodi Ashton- It seems like everybody loved this one too. Plus the cover is gorgeous. I've heard great things about this one. Definitely need to read this one.


Insurgent by Veronica Roth-I read and loved Dystopian two months after it was first released. I've been waiting for Insurgent ever since. Tris and Four were two characters I fell in love with from the very beginning. I was looking forward to this book's release. And then, I never bought it. Cringe. I think it's because I know I'll be gone when the third one's released and don't want to have to wait for it. 


Underworld by Meg Cabot-It's Meg Cabot. I love her books and I really liked Abandoned. I've been meaning to read this one for awhile. I'm so curious to see what happens next that I can barely stand it.


Reached by Ally Condie-Unlike several people I know, I actually really liked Matched. I read it within days of its release and was anxious to see what happened next. And yet, I still haven't read this one yet. Unbelievable. I would like to see how Condie finishes up her series. 

Plus I got this book for Christmas, so I really need to finish it. 


Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols- Several book bloggers who I really admire named this as their favorite book of the year or at least one of their top ten. I've only read one Echols book and it was one she wrote for the Simon Pulse Comedy series. I don't think that does this author justice. I have like seven of her books on my I-need-to-read list. I really should give her a shot. 

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick- I loved this cover. I thought the synopsis and the story sounded really cute. And then I never read it. But I've heard really good things about it and so yeah I really need to read this one. 

Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen- I wanted to read this one ever since I heard about it over a year ago. A retelling of Robin Hood. Yes, I'm in. And then I never did read it. Sigh.


Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins-I liked the cover and the synopsis enough to consider reading it, but I was never sold on it. It didn't really seem like a book I'd like and then I realized all of my friends loved it. So I really need to give it a shot.


Grave Mercy by R. L. LaFevers- I read this description and looked at the cover and went "hmmm interesting. Maybe I should read it." I didn't expect everybody to love it and I didn't expect me to end up thinking "why the heck didn't I read this," but that's exactly what happened. 

Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris- I was excited to read this one and thought it looked realy good and then I just never got to reading it. I've heard really good things about it and the sequel is coming out soon, so I figure I better read it. 


Something like Normal by Trish Doller-I loved this cover from the very beginning. I loved the synopsis and figured it would be a good read. I didn't count on it being a must-read. Seriously Travis was in so many of my friends' top guy of the year lists and favorite book list that I figure I better get to it sooner rather than later. 

And that's my list. Have any suggestions for what I should read first?  What books came out this year that you wish you had read?

Love,

Danica Page

5 comments:

  1. A few of those books like Everneath and Underworld I've read, and you aren't missing much. Insurgent was very good, though. I just started to see Grave Memory around and I'm intrigued. One book I've really wanted to read is Iced by Karen Marie Moning. Haven't managed to get a copy from the library yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting. I'm sad to hear you didn't like Everneath and Underworld. I will definitely have to check out Iced. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so many great books on your list! I have to comment on a few. ;)

    Everneath - I really enjoyed this book! To be honest, maybe it's good you haven't read it yet. The ending blew my mind to pieces and had me pining for book 2! So maybe you're lucky that you can read Everneath and Everbound back-to-back. But of course, I bet Everbound will have a crazy ending as well!

    Insurgent - I loved Divergent to bits and pieces but I actually wasn't crazy about Insurgent. :( But the ending was INSANE.

    Scarlet - OMG I still need to read this too! Lol.

    Sweet Evil - I LOVED this book! It was exactly what I hoped it would be: hot, sweet, romantic, nail-biting, and delicious. I totally recommend it!

    Grave Mercy - This was only okay for me. I mean it was good, but I think I was expecting it to be a lot better.

    Something Like Normal - LOL me too! I have a copy and everyone loves it but I just haven't gotten around to it yet!

    LOVE THIS POST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed my post.

      Thanks for telling me your thoughts on all of these novels. You've definitely helped me decide which ones to read first.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  4. So many great picks!! The only one I read was Insurgent but the others are all on my TBR, lol

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! Happy New Year!

    Lauren @ Lose Time Reading

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)