Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #27



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The point is to share a book that hasn't been released yet, but one that you are dying to read.

This is my twenty-seventh time participating in this meme.This week I have chosen to spotlight two young adult novels. One is a retelling of a fairy tale and the other is a realistic contemporary.

The first one is The Fairest Beauty by Melanie Dickerson. It comes out on January 9,2013 and is being published by Zondervan

The synopsis:


A daring rescue. A difficult choice. Sophie desperately wants to get away from her stepmother's jealousy, and believes escape is her only chance to be happy. Then a young man named Gabe arrives from Hagenheim Castle, claiming she is betrothed to his older brother, and everything twists upside down. This could be Sophie's one chance at freedom---but can she trust another person to keep her safe? Gabe defied his parents Rose and Wilhelm by going to find Sophie, and now he believes they had a right to worry: the girl's inner and outer beauty has enchanted him. Though romance is impossible---she is his brother's future wife, and Gabe himself is betrothed to someone else---he promises himself he will see the mission through, no matter what. When the pair flee to the Cottage of the Seven, they find help---but also find their feelings for each other have grown. Now both must not only protect each other from the dangers around them---they must also protect their hearts.

Why I'm waiting?

It's by Melanie Dickerson meaning it's bound to be good. Plus, it's a Snow White retelling. Even though Snow White was my least favorite princess story, I still really like retellings of this story. There have been a lot of them and I'm curious to see if Dickerson can leave her mark in this niche. I've loved several of her stories and am hopeful that I'll like this one too. 

Also, come on forbidden love. I'm a sucker for forbidden love. 

Add this book to your Goodreads shelf.

The second one is Falling For You by Lisa Schroeder. It comes out on January 1, 2013 and is being published by Simon Pulse. 

The synopsis:

Rae's always dreamed of dating a guy like Nathan. He’s nothing like her abusive stepfather—in other words, he’s sweet. But the closer they get, the more Nathan wants of her time, of her love, of her...and the less she wants to give. 

As Rae’s affection for Nathan turns to fear, she leans on her friend Leo for support. With Leo, she feels lighter, happier. And possessive Nathan becomes jealous. 

Then a tragedy lands Rae in the ICU. Now, hovering between life and death, Rae must find the light amid the darkness…and the strength to fight for life and the love she deserves.

Why I'm waiting?

I love books that deal with tougher issues. This one seems to be talking about abuse and self-esteem issues. Two issues that usually draw me in. I'm always a little hesitant to read books like this because sometimes authors cross a line that I think they shouldn't. However, I've heard nothing but good things about this one.

These issues are real and so I like reading about them. Plus, they are kissing in the rain on the cover. What's not to like about that.

Add this book to your Goodreads shelf. 

And those are two of the books that I'm dying to read. But enough about me, what book did you guys pick? Please leave your link in the comments section. I love hearing from you guys.


Love,

Danica Page

13 comments:

  1. Ive been waiting for Falling for You for a long time. I hope its as good as I want it to be. Feel free to View my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I loved your pick as well. It looks really good. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. sweet! the fairest beauty looks great i will add that to my list for sure! thanks! check out my TTT - Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both these books sound awesome. Adding them on Goodreads now! Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And there goes another book to my growing pile of "to-reads".
    Falling for You sounds like something I would like to read (and I am choosing to overlook the mildly clishé kisssing-in-the-rain cover)

    You can check out my WoW here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These both look so tempting! I am especially drawn to Falling for You. A scenario that plays out all too often....

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Both your choices sound amazing! I'd love to read them both! :) Thanks for sharing!!

    New follower :)

    My WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh...a retelling. I like that cover! And I've been waiting for Falling for You too :)

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read Falling For You! The Fairest Beauty sounds good. Thanks for sharing.
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks. I'm looking forward to both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! The Fairest Beauty sounds quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic picks, two very different books with great themes. The Fairest Beauty was also one of my picks from a while ago, and I've never heard of Falling for You. Please check out my WoW!

    Thanks,

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)