Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #28




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The point is to share a book that hasn't been released yet, but one that you are dying to read.

This is my twenty-eighth time participating in this meme.This week I have chosen to spotlight three novels. Sorry there are just too many good books coming up lately. 

The first one is Catherine by April Lindner. It comes out on January 2,2013  and is being published by Poppy. 

The synopsis:


A forbidden romance. A modern mystery. Wuthering Heights as you’ve never seen it before.


Catherine is tired of struggling musicians befriending her just so they can get a gig at her Dad’s famous Manhattan club, The Underground. Then she meets mysterious Hence, an unbelievably passionate and talented musician on the brink of success. As their relationship grows, both are swept away in a fiery romance. But when their love is tested by a cruel whim of fate, will pride keep them apart?

Chelsea has always believed that her mom died of a sudden illness, until she finds a letter her dad has kept from her for years—a letter from her mom, Catherine, who didn’t die: She disappeared. Driven by unanswered questions, Chelsea sets out to look for her—starting with the return address on the letter: The Underground.

Told in two voices, twenty years apart, Catherine interweaves a timeless forbidden romance with a compelling modern mystery.


Why I'm waiting?

First off, I love Wuthering Heights and I'm always a little leery of reading take-offs of my favorite classical novels. However, this one just sounds so intriguing. I can't pass it up.

I love forbidden romance and mystery. Both of those make this a must-read in my book. 

Add this book to your Goodreads shelf.

The second one is  Crash by Lisa McMann. It comes out on January 8, 2013 and is being published by Simon Pulse. 

The synopsis:


If what you see is what you get, Jules is in serious trouble. The suspenseful first of four books from the New York Timesbestselling author of the Wake trilogy.


Jules lives with her family above their restaurant, which means she smells like pizza most of the time and drives their double-meatball-shaped food truck to school. It’s not a recipe for popularity, but she can handle that.

What she can’t handle is the recurring vision that haunts her. Over and over, Jules sees a careening truck hit a building and explode...and nine body bags in the snow.

The vision is everywhere—on billboards, television screens, windows—and she’s the only one who sees it. And the more she sees it, the more she sees. The vision is giving her clues, and soon Jules knows what she has to do. Because now she can see the face in one of the body bags, and it’s someone she knows. Someone she has been in love with for as long as she can remember.

In this riveting start to a gripping series from New York Times bestselling author Lisa McMann, Jules has to act—and act fast—to keep her vision from becoming reality.


Why I'm waiting?

It's Lisa McMann. She's a brilliant writer. I was skeptical and waited to read her Wake series for a very long time, but it was brilliantly written. I can't wait to see what she does next.

Also, I think the cover is fantastic. Don't ask me why but I really love covers with just eyes on them. Also there's fire in her eye, that's just cool. 

Add this book to your Goodreads shelf. 


The second one is Shadowlands by Kate Brian. It comes out on January 8, 2013 and is being published by Hyperion. 

The synopsis:


Rory Miller had one chance to fight back and she took it. Rory survived… and the serial killer who attacked her escaped. Now that the infamous Steven Nell is on the loose, Rory must enter the witness protection with her father and sister, Darcy, leaving their friends and family without so much as a goodbye. 


Starting over in a new town with only each other is unimaginable for Rory and Darcy. They were inseparable as children, but now they can barely stand each other. As the sisters settle in to Juniper Landing, a picturesque vacation island, it seems like their new home may be just the fresh start they need. They fall in with a group of beautiful, carefree teens and spend their days surfing, partying on the beach, and hiking into endless sunsets. But just as they’re starting to feel safe again, one of their new friends goes missing. Is it a coincidence? Or is the nightmare beginning all over again?


Why I'm waiting?

I have actually read a book by Kate Brian before. It was called Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys and was hilariously funny. This book sounds so completely different. I'm curious to see if she pull this off.

I love suspense and young adult fiction, but rarely are the two combined. I also love the cover of this novel. Definitely one I'm keeping my eye on. 

Add this book to your Goodreads shelf. 


And those are three of the books that I'm dying to read. But enough about me, what book did you guys pick? Please leave your link in the comments section. I love hearing from you guys.


P.S. I just read Sapphire Blue and now realized I have to wait potentially 6 months to 2 years to read the next one in the series in English, because it's still in German. Unacceptable, I can't wait that long. Guess I'm going to have to learn German. :)

Love,

Danica Page

56 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! "Crash" and "Shadow Lands" both look awesome! I am going to Goodreads right now and put them on my list. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I'm glad I could bring them to your attention. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

      Delete
  2. OMG coincidence, I just finished Catherine yesterday! And it is amazing, gave it 5 stars. My review will be posted on the release date. You'll love this book :D
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a coincidence. I'm glad to hear you loved it. I will definitely be stopping by to see your review. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Catherine by April Lindner does sound interesting. I love retellings. :) I saw Crash and Shadowlands on WOWs already, but I am not sure if they are something I will enjoy. Well I hope you read them and enjoy them and you convert me with your fabulous review. ;)
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.
    Happy holidays!
    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love retellings. I'm a little hesitant about Crash and Shadowlands but I'm still anxious to read them. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my WOW Danica! Katherine-LOVE forbidden romances too. I haven't read Withering Heights but i have a copy, better read it ;) Crash- I LOVE the burning eye too, it's cool! I haven't heard the best things about this book but i liked her Wake series too. Shadow Lands- I love that cover too! Haven't read any books by Kate but this one is sure interesting! AWESOME PICKS this week! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. I'm glad that you also love forbidden romances. I'd hate to be the only one. I'm sad to hear that you haven't heard good things about Crash, but I'm still going to read it.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  5. Crash and Shadow Lands are both books I really want to read as well. Good choices!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you liked the sound of both of these.

      Delete
  6. I'm definitely waiting on Catherine! I have Linder's other book, Jane, on my Nook ready to read so I'm behind schedule! I'm on the fence about Crash, but Shadow Lands sounds and looks intriguing. Love that cover. Thanks for passing them on. You've made some super choices this week..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crash and Shadow Lands are both on my to-read list :) I can't wait to read them cause both sound so good! :) Great picks :) Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting here. I love hearing what people think of my picks.

      Delete
  8. Great picks, I'd love to get Crash as well.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad to hear you are interested in Crash as well. Apparently a lot of people have heard bad things about it, but I'm still going to read it.

      Delete
  9. Catherine and Crash look awesome added them to my shelves. Thanks for dropping by on my wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could introduce you to them. Thanks for stopping by. I loved your picks.

      Delete
  10. Catherine looks awesome! I was already captivated by "Forbidden love" but then I saw "Wuthering Heights as you've never seen it before" and I knew it was instant love! I hadn't heard of that one before, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    Thanks for stopping by Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. I am also a sucker for foribbden love and the Wuthering Heights connection is definitely a plus. I'm glad I could bring it to your attention. Have a great day.

      Delete
  11. I want to check out Crash, but I haven't heard of the other two :) Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.

      Delete
  12. YA is not my cuppa, but Catherine sounds like an amazing book, so I'll definitely add it to my TBR. I guess I love Wuthering Heights that much. :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understandable. I happen to really like YA, but it's definitely not for everybody. And yes Wuthering Heights is indeed incredible.

      Delete
  13. I absolutely can't wait for Shadowlands either! Kate Brian is one of my favorite authors ever since fifth grade.
    Catherine sounds so good too, I just love Wuthering Heights.
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep she's definitely a good one. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. I agree with you about Catherine, I'm always wary of re-tellings, but it looks so good! I'm also very much looking forward to Shadowlands. Wonderful picks this week, Danica! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm glad you like them and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  15. Nice choices! I have an e-galley of Shadowlands that I haven't gotten to yet, although it sounds awesome.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I might actually have an e-galley of Shadowlands too, now that I think of it. That sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

      Here's mine

      ~Danica Page
      Taking it One Page at a Time

      Delete
  16. I want Crash too.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Happy reading.

      Delete
  17. Great picks! I'm especially excited for Crash and Shadowlands. They both sound so good!

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. April Lindner also wrote Jane which is a retaling of Jane Eyre if you haven't read it yet, you might want to check it out. Jane is a pretty good read as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am aware that she wrote Jane. I've been hesitant to read that one, but if you like it then maybe I will have to cave and give it a shot. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  19. I want to read all three of these! They look great :) Thanks for dropping by my WoW post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. And thanks for dropping by my post as well.

      Delete
  20. All of these are on my TBR list. I really want to read more of Lisa McMann's work - what I've read so far is great!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also really want to read more of Lisa McManns' work.

      Here's mine

      ~Danica Page
      Taking it One Page at a Time

      Delete
  21. Confession time: I have never read Wuthering Heights. lol It's on my 'Okay, you're seriously reading it this year' list though so hopefully I get around to it. Those other two look awesome too!
    Thanks so much for visiting!
    Bonnie @ Sweet-Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay. Some people really hate it, but I love it. Hope you get around to it too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  22. Crash and Shadowlands both sound like interesting reads - hope they're worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am very excited about Catherine as well after loving Jane-can't wait to see what Lindner came up with as it's a tricky story.

    Also very interested in Shadowlands-serial killers are a favorite reading topic of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like YA, but don't read it much, however these stories sound great. Thanks for visiting my page.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Catherine looks amazing. I loved Wuthering Heights as well! Great picks!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I didn't realize that Catherine was coming out so soon!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my WoW!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These all look really good, especially Catherine. I'll be adding that one for sure! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Catherine looks amazing, I've added it to my tbr.
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  29. Shadowlands sounds super amazing. I've heard really great things about Kate Brian's series, so I'm sure that it won't disappoint. Great choices. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  30. Don't even bother reading Catherine. It's a great book, but the ending is horrible. It dropped from a 5 to a 2 in less than 30 seconds.

    -Nichole www.yareads.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great picks! They all look like good reads.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very excellent picks this week. I still haven't read Jane by Linder, but I intend to remedy that soon. Also YAY Lisa McMann. Hope you get to read these soon!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)