Friday, January 18, 2013

Book Review: Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines

Fallen Too Far
(Fallen Too Far, #1)
by Abbi Glines
New Adult Realistic Contemporary
Released: December 14, 2012
Published by:
Average Goodreads Rating:
Pages:

Before I get into my review, here's the synopsis that's available on Goodreads:


To want what you’re not supposed to have…

She is only nineteen.

She is his new stepfather’s daughter. 

She is still na├»ve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother. 

But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father’s guilt money, his mother’s desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no.

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn’t prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she’ll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he’ll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that…

Blaire just may have fallen too far.

My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.

Warnings/Side-notes: This book is definitely for mature audiences only. I read this book and ended up skipping several paragraphs/pages just because they were definitely more detailed than anything I've ever read. The language in this novel is very rough at times especially during sexual scenes. Seriously, this book is meant for mature audiences. 

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: I have mixed feelings about this book. It was do compelling and I loved it, and yet I didn't like how detailed it was when it came to the closed door scenes toward the end of the novel. I simply ended up skipping several paragraphs.

However, It was still a good book. The dialogue seemed stilted at times, but overall the characters, the plot, the writing was very very addicting. I couldn't put this book down. I read it in one sitting and was floored by the book.

I can usually guess what's going to happen next or pick apart the plot of a book really quickly. But I couldn't pick this one apart. I couldn't figure out what this huge secret Rush was hiding from Blair was. 

Rush kept saying he couldn't love her because he was too young. A reason he quickly forgot. He then said he couldn't love her because she was too pure. Another reason he seemed happy to cast aside. But there was the one secret and one reason why he couldn't love her that he seemed unable to come to terms with.

Anyway, this was an enjoyable read. It was just a little bit too much on the naughty side for me. However, if you don't mind that type of novel, then you'll probably like this one. I'm said I had to skip so many pages. I took a risk on this one and I'm glad I read it. 

I know several people won't agree with the whole being too naughty part, but it was for me and will be for somebody else out there. So just know that going into this one. 

The Wrap-up: This was a hard review to write because I loved the book but I hated the parts I had to skip. Most people I know loved this one. I would have if certain scenes had been censored more. Anyway, a good book that I'm glad I read but also one that was hard for me to read. I want to know what happens in the sequel so badly, but I'm not entirely sure if I'll read it or not.

Love,

Danica Page

Up Next: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

2 comments:

  1. I loved The Vincent Boys and definitely want to check this one out. I like steamy (but not x-rated) so hopefully that part will be ok for me. I'm glad to hear you liked it bc I've heard good and bad things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you liked the Vincent Boys then this one will not be too graphic for you. I hope you enjoy it and thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)