Sunday, January 13, 2013

Book Review: Shattered (Alaskan Courage, #2) by Dani Pettrey

Shattered
(Alaskan Courage, #2)
by Dani Pettrey
Received for Review
Adult Christian Fiction
Release Date: Feb 1, 2013
Publisher: Bethany House
Average Goodreads Rating: 4.47
Pages: 370

Before I get into my review, here's the synopsis from Goodreads:

A Thrilling New Romantic Suspense from the Genre's Newest Star 

Piper McKenna couldn't be more thrilled that her prodigal brother, Reef, has returned to Yancey, Alaska, after five years. But her happiness is short-lived when Reef appears at her house covered in blood. A fellow snowboarder has been killed--but despite the evidence, Reef swears he's innocent. And Piper believes him. 



Deputy Landon Grainger loves the McKennas like family, but he's also sworn to find the truth. Piper is frustrated with his need for facts over faith, but he knows those closest to you have the power to deceive you the most. With his sheriff pushing for a quick conviction, some unexpected leads complicate the investigation, and pursuing the truth may mean risking Landon's career. 


With Piper waging her own search, the two head deep into Canada's rugged backcountry--and unexpected complications. Not only does their long friendship seem to be turning into something more, but this dangerous case is becoming deadlier with each step.


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. 

Disclaimers: I received a temporary electronic copy of this novel from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks for letting me review this novel. 

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: I love Christian fiction and I especially love romantic suspense and so I was excited to read this one.

I haven't read Submerged, the first one in this series. However, I didn't feel too lost. I really enjoyed this one. 

The main characters Piper and Landon were easy to relate to and very intriguing. The chemistry between them was impossible to ignore and was always interesting to read. 

Dani did a great job at creating suspense and intrigue. I found myself getting swept away with the mystery at hand as I tried to figure out who committed the crime and if Piper and Landon would get their acts together and actually end up together in the end.

Dani's writing was fantastic. It's been awhile since I've read a book I enjoyed this much. I definitely am going to go back and read Submerged and will definitely be reading the next one in the series.

In Summary: An intriguing book that I absolutely loved. Dani Pettrey is a writer that I'm definitely in love with. Her writing is fantastic and her ability to weave a tale that I love ensures that I'll be keeping an eye on all the novels she writes. 

The Wrap-up: I really did enjoy this novel. The novel was a quick but entertaining read that I'm definitely glad I read. I loved the characters and am definitely intrigued to see what happens next. Definitely recommend to fans of romantic suspense. The christian elements are never overbearing and I feel like a wide variety of readers would enjoy this novel. 

Love,

Danica Page

Up Next: Catching Jordan by Miranda Keneally

2 comments:

  1. You definitely need to go back and read Submerged! It was good too! I actually liked Shattered a little bit better, but both solid, good reads!

    Julie@My Favorite Pastime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just read it. Oh my gosh. It was incredible. I don't know which one I like better. So glad I decided to pick up this series.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)