Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate just head on over to their blog and sign up. Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday.
Top Ten Most Frustrating Characters Ever
Some of these characters who frustrate me are ones I still love, and others are ones I just hate. Without further ado, here we go:
1. Scarlett O'Hara from Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind- She had Rhett Butler and she was an idiot. Seriously, you don't let a rogue like Rhett go. Why on earth would you like Ashely over Rhett?
2. Count Vronsky from Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina-I can sympathize with Anna Karenina, but the Count just bugged me so badly. Seriously, he was just slimy.
3. Everybody from Gustave Flaubert's Madam Bovary-Seriously, all of the characters in this novel drove me batty. They were all so stupid. The novel was a watered-down version of Anna Karenina and they all drove me nuts.
4. Percy Weasley from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter-Everybody else was willing to admit that Voldemort was alive and when presented with the truth changed. Percy was just so stupid. He frustrated me.
5.Edward, Bella, and Jacob from Stephanie Meyers' Twilight-I still give the series an average 3 star rating, meaning I didn't hate the series, but I didn't like it either. So I'm not in the "I-hate-Twilight" or the "I-love-Twilight" club. I'm apathetic about it, but I do hate the characters. Edward is manipulative and whiny. Jacob is immature and manipulative. And Bella is just so whiny.
6. Hannah from Jay Asher's Thirteen Reasons Why-I love this book. I just hate that Hannah committed suicide. I know she had a lot to overcome, but she should have gone to Clay. It just frustrates me she had to die.
7. Every character in Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights-I love the novel, but every single character is just so insanely frustrating. Ah Catherine and Heathcliff way to ruin your happiness.
8. Romeo from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet-I just have issues with his character. You were in love and then saw Juliet and when forget about that. Let's get married and then kill each other. It's beautiful; it just drives me nuts.
9. Othello from William Shakespeare's Othello-Seriously, you were married to Desdemona, a pure character, and then you let your jealously drive you to murder her. Idiot.
10. Anna Karenina from Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina-I love her, but she is so frustrating. I can't hate her but I can't love her. She frustrates me
That's all for me. Which book did you pick this week. Please comment and leave your link. I check out every single link and respond" to every comment. :)