Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #29



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The point is to share a book that hasn't been released yet, but one that you are dying to read. This is my twenty-ninth time participating in this meme.

And now for the books I'm waiting for. I chose two young adults and one adult novels.

The first one is Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff . It comes out on January 8,2013 and is being published by Razorbill.

The synopsis:


The city of Ludlow is gripped by the hottest July on record. The asphalt is melting, the birds are dying, petty crime is on the rise, and someone in Hannah Wagnor’s peaceful suburban community is killing girls.



For Hannah, the summer is a complicated one. Her best friend Lillian died six months ago, and Hannah just wants her life to go back to normal. But how can things be normal when Lillian’s ghost is haunting her bedroom, pushing her to investigate the mysterious string of murders? Hannah’s just trying to understand why her friend self-destructed, and where she fits now that Lillian isn’t there to save her a place among the social elite. And she must stop thinking about Finny Boone, the big, enigmatic delinquent whose main hobbies seem to include petty larceny and surprising acts of kindness.

With the entire city in a panic, Hannah soon finds herself drawn into a world of ghost girls and horrifying secrets. She realizes that only by confronting the Valentine Killer will she be able move on with her life—and it’s up to her to put together the pieces before he strikes again.

Paper Valentine is a hauntingly poetic tale of love and death by the New York Times bestselling author of The Replacement and The Space Between.



Why I'm waiting? It just sounds so fascinating and I adore the cover. Also, I've heard really good things about it. It seems like most people I know really like it.

It's outside the genre I normally read, but I'm definitely excited for this one.

Add this book to your Goodreads shelf.

The second one is Home Front by Kristin Hannah. It comes out on January 8, 2013 and is being published by St. Martin's Griffin. 

The synopsis:


In her bestselling novels Kristin Hannah has plumbed the depths of friendship, the loyalty of sisters, and the secrets mothers keep. Now, in her most emotionally powerful story yet, she explores the intimate landscape of a troubled marriage with this provocative and timely portrait of a husband and wife, in love and at war. 



All marriages have a breaking point. All families have wounds. All wars have a cost. . . .

Like many couples, Michael and Jolene Zarkades have to face the pressures of everyday life---children, careers, bills, chores---even as their twelve-year marriage is falling apart. Then an unexpected deployment sends Jolene deep into harm’s way and leaves defense attorney Michael at home, unaccustomed to being a single parent to their two girls. As a mother, it agonizes Jolene to leave her family, but as a solider she has always understood the true meaning of duty. In her letters home, she paints a rose-colored version of her life on the front lines, shielding her family from the truth. But war will change Jolene in ways that none of them could have foreseen. When tragedy strikes, Michael must face his darkest fear and fight a battle of his own---for everything that matters to his family.

At once a profoundly honest look at modern marriage and a dramatic exploration of the toll war takes on an ordinary American family, Home Front is a story of love, loss, heroism, honor, and ultimately, hope.



Why I'm waiting?

It just sounds so awesome. I love good adult romantic suspense stories. This one talks about war, lawyers, and family relations. Plus, it's based on letters. I love that. It just looks so incredible. Seriously, read the synopsis.

Add this book to your Goodreads shelf. 


The third one is Then You Were Gone by Lauren Strasnick. It comes out on January 8, 2013 and is being published by Simon Pulse. 

The synopsis:


In the tradition of 13 Reasons Why, a suspenseful and heart-wrenching novel from the author of Nothing Like You andHer and Me and You.Two years ago, Adrienne’s best friend walked out of her life. One week ago, she left Adrienne a desperate, muffled voicemail. Adrienne never called back.



Now Dakota is missing. She left behind a string of broken hearts, a flurry of rumors, and a suicide note.

Adrienne can’t stop obsessing over what might have happened if she’d answered Dakota’s call. And she’s increasingly convinced that Dakota must still be alive.

Maybe finding and saving Dakota is the only way Adrienne can save herself.

Or maybe it’s too late for them both.



Why I'm waiting?

I loved 13 Reasons Why so the comparison scares me because I'm afraid it's just hype. However, the synopsis just sounds so riveting. I love suspense and I don't get enough romantic suspense in the YA genre. Definitely am excited for this one. 

Add this book to your Goodreads shelf. 

And those are three of the books that I'm dying to read. But enough about me, what book did you guys pick? Please leave your link in the comments section. I love hearing from you guys.

Also, you might be interested in checking out my $15 gift certificate giveaway that I'm hosting. Look at the top left.

Love,

Danica Page

57 comments:

  1. Great picks! All of them sound great but I'm especially excited about Paper Valentine. It sounds so good and I love the cover!

    Thanks for visiting my post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paper Valentine does sound really incredible. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I love stories with ghosts so I am really excited for Paper Valentine. Then You Were Gone is on my TBR too! Great picks!!

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you liked two of my picks as well. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for Paper Valentine! Then You Were Gone seems really good too.
    Great picks, and thanks for stopping by :)

    Richa @ City of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know those both just look really incredible. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure if I want to read Paper Valentine yet :) But the cover is pretty cool!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same debate for a really long time. Thanks for stopping b.

      Delete
  5. My fellow blogger Janhvi had Paper Valentine as her WoW pick sometime back and I CANNOT WAIT for When You Were Gone! It sounds lovely! Home Front is a new one for me and it looks nice as well. Great picks!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my Waiting On Wednesday post.

    Happy reading! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look incredible. I'm glad I could introduce you to a new book. Thanks for stopping by. I loved you pick as well.

      Delete
  6. Paper Valentine is on my list too! :) I can't wait to read it. :) And You Were Gone sounds really good too! :) Great picks :)

    Here is our WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Yep, both of them are ones I'm dying to read. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  7. Paper Valentine was my WoW of last week - I can't wait to get my hands on it when it is released. :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my first WoW of 2013

    Patricia @ Night Readings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it fill weird to think it's 2013? Yes, Paper Valentine seems really intriguing. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I want to read all three of these - really great picks!

    Our WoW is at the new Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them. Thanks for stopping by. Your book looks intriguing. I don't think I'll read it, but I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  9. Those are some great choices. I've never heard of Then You Were Gone, but it sounds really interesting! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could introduce a new book to you. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Love the cover of Paper Valentine and it sounds awesome to boot!
    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what other people are reading.

      Delete
  11. Paper Valentine looks interesting! Great picks!
    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, wow! All your picks sound so interesting... and emotional! I feel like I'm going to need a whole box of tissues if I end up reading any of these.

    Out of the three you've picked I'm probably most excited about Then You Were Gone because I, too, LOVED Thirteen Reasons Why. I really hope this book lives up to the expectations that that this comparison makes.

    Thanks for bringing these books to my attention and thank youu for checking out my ”Waiting on” Wednesday.

    Sadie @ Lyrics.

    PS. I hope you enjoy all of these books and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOOh great picks! I really want to read Paper Valentine and Then You Were Gone! They look awesome :D
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  14. Paper Valentine and Then You Were Gone sound so good! And I've read and LOVED Home Front. Enjoy!

    And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bookstore near me somehow already had paper valentine on their shelves so I bought it last week and can't wait to read it!
    Check out my wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed When you were gone.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your Home Front pick - it is on my book shelf - if I ever get around to reading off my shelf! I am intrigued by the book Then You Were Gone by Lauren Stasnick. I too like YA and I do like suspense. Good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great picks! Paper Valentine sounds pretty good and I'd love to read it when it comes out. Also I like Then You Were Gone.. Thanks for sharing!
    I hope you enjoy reading the books when they come out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of them sound really good!! I haven't heard of Then You Were Gone until reading your post. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really want Paper Valentine! I've had my eyes ony it for months now :) Then you Were Gone sound interesting too :)
    Thanks for stopping by my post earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, Paper Valentine looks really interesting - and I love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Paper Valentine! Yes, I'm totally excited for this one too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've heard alot of great things about these novels! Love the cover for Paper Valentine. Thanks for stopping by! :D

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've seen Paper Valentine pop up in my Goodreads feed quite a bit, but I haven't read the synopsis until now. It sounds really good! Thanks for featuring it and stopping by YA Love :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love how all of the titles that you're waiting on come out next week, LOL. I might be interested in Paper Valentine, but I think I'll leave the rest of them for you. ;)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW. (:

    ReplyDelete
  26. I requested Paper Valentine on Edelweiss and Netgalley but I didn't get approved =( I guess I have to wait the old fashion way lol Great picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I haven't looked into these much. I'll need to. Happy reading.

    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am loving the sound of Paper Valentine! Great picks!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  29. All of them sound amazing, I'm specially waiting for Paper Valentine too!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those all sound great!! I really want to read Paper Valentine and Then You Were Gone.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Paper Valentine sounds really good. I love ghost stories so this is definitely the book for me.

    ReplyDelete
  32. They look great, nice choices :)
    Thanks for visiting us

    -Smart Girls Read

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've also heard good things about Paper Valentine. Too many others to read though before adding that to the ever-growing list.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great picks. I love the cover for Paper Valentine. Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  35. I also have Paper Valentine in my TBR list! <3

    Thanks for dropping by my WoW :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great picks. I'm curious with Paper Valentine but I'm reluctant trying it because i didn't like the author's other novel (The Replacement). :(

    Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog. <3

    ReplyDelete
  37. I have been seeing Paper valentine a lot, so it mush be good. I am not familiar with the others, so thanks for introducing me to them.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great choices!! They all seem great :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I hadn't heard of these yet, but they sound really good. I get what you mean about Then You Were Gone & the 13 Reasons Why comparison. It always makes me a little leery when a books compared to one I loved too.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love Brenna's writing and am excited about Paper Valentine, too! I'd also love to get my hands on a copy of Then You Were Gone...I love suspenseful stories. Great choices! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I just read Paper Valentine! It was on Netgalley. It was good, but creepy. Thanks for stopping by!

    Arianna @Wandering Librarians Enter for a chance to win an ARC of Dancing in the Dark, not due out until February 8, 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I definitely understand why you are waiting on all of these! Paper Valentine sounds so good (though, I have read mixed reviews for it already). It just sounds too good to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Awesome picks! I'm dying to read Paper Valentine. <3 I just hope it's as good as I'm hoping it will be :) I have loved all her other books. Anyway. Hope you'll enjoy all of these :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh wow, interesting choices! I've heard nothing but great things about Paper Valentine. I'd never heard of Home Front but sounds poignant and emotional. The You Were Gone is another new one for me - sounds intense! Thanks for spotlighting these & for stopping by my WoW earlier! Sorry it took me so long to visit back :)

    New follower via GFC!!

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hannah makes me cry every time i read her books Awesome picks! My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)