Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday/ W.W.W. Wednesday (22)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The point is to share a book that hasn't been released yet, but one that you are dying to read. This is my twenty-ninth time participating in this meme.

And now for the books I'm waiting for. I chose two young adults and one adult novels.

The first one is Asunder (Newsoul, #2) by Jodi Meadows . It comes out on January 29,2013 and is being published by Katherine Tegan Books.

The synopsis:
Add this book to your Goodreads shelf.


DARKSOULS

Ana has always been the only one. Asunder. Apart. But after Templedark, when many residents of Heart were lost forever, some hold Ana responsible for the darksouls–and the newsouls who may be born in their place.



SHADOWS

Many are afraid of Ana’s presence, a constant reminder of unstoppable changes and the unknown. When sylph begin behaving differently toward her and people turn violent, Ana must learn to stand up not only for herself but for those who cannot stand up for themselves.


LOVE

Ana was told that nosouls can’t love. But newsouls? More than anything, she wants to live and love as an equal among the citizens of Heart, but even when Sam professes his deepest feelings, it seems impossible to overcome a lifetime of rejection.


In this second book in the Incarnate trilogy, Ana discovers the truth about reincarnation and will have to find a way to embrace love and make her young life meaningful. Once again, Jodi Meadows explores the extraordinary beauty and shadowed depths of the soul in a story equal parts epic romance and captivating fantasy.


Why I'm waiting? I just read Incarnate and I'm excited to see what the author does with this series now. My review of Incarnate went up today. You can read my review here. 

It was an interesting book and I'm glad I read it. Not  my favorite, but really good. Anyway, Asunder looks interesting and so yep it's on my list. 

The second one is Vortex (Tempest, #2) by Julie Cross. It comes out on January 15, 2013 and is being published by St. Martin's Griffin. 

The synopsis:


Julie Cross's Vortex is the thrilling second installment of the Tempest series, in which the world hangs in the balance as a lovelorn Jackson must choose who to save



Jackson Meyer has thrown himself into his role as an agent for Tempest, the shadowy division of the CIA that handles all time-travel-related threats. Despite his heartbreak at losing the love of his life, Jackson has proved himself to be an excellent agent. However, after an accidental run in with Holly—the girl he altered history to save—Jackson is once again reminded of what he's lost. And when Eyewall, an opposing division of the CIA, emerges, Jackson and his fellow agents not only find themselves under attack, but Jackson begins to discover that the world around him has changed and someone knows about his erased relationship with Holly, putting both their lives at risk all over again.

Why I'm waiting? I really enjoyed the first one in the series Tempest. I read that nearly a year ago and am really anxious to see what happens next to Jackson and Holly. And some of my friends have already got to read it and say it's amazing, so yeah definitely waiting on this one.

And those are three of the books that I'm dying to read. But enough about me, what book did you guys pick? Please leave your link in the comments section. I love hearing from you guys.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

~W.W.W. Wednesday (22)~

W.W.W. Wednesday is another weekly meme. This one is hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. To play along just answer three simple questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? And what do you think you'll read next?

This is my twenty-first week participating in this meme. I forgot to do this last week, so there are a lot of novels in the what I just read pile.

What am I currently reading?


I'm currently reading Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott.  I've heard incredible things about this author and this one has been on my TBR list for awhile so I figured I might as well read it. It looks good. It's also fairly short. Anyway, I can't wait to read one of this author's books.

I'm currently reading Hooked by Liz Fichera. I received this one for review from Netgalley and it looks really intriguing. It's a 2013 debut novel and since I'm in that challenge that's a plus. Also, I haven't read enough sporty young adult novels yet. 
A girl on a guy's golf team. I'm in. 

What did I recently finish reading?


I currently finished Catching Jordan by Miranda Keneally. I had heard really good things about this series and so I decided to give it a shot. And I actually did really like this one. It was a cute, good read. My review will be up soon.

I currently finished Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I did like this one, but I was a little disappointed. I had heard so many people tell me how incredible it was and they all said it was their favorite book of the year. It was a solid three stars. I really liked it, but it wasn't anything spectacular. My review will be up shortly. 

What do I think I'll read next? 


I will probably read Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone. I've heard really good things about this one and it's been on my TBR list so I'm curious to see what I think of it. I also just love the cover. 

I will probably read Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. I did enjoy Anna and the French Kiss and I've heard amazing things about this author, so I'm willing to give her another chance. I did like Anna, don't get me wrong. It just wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be. I'm curious about this one. 

That's all for me. What about you guys? What are you reading? Please leave your link in the comments. I love hearing from you.

Also, you might be interested in checking out my $15 gift certificate giveaway that I'm hosting. Look at the top left.

Love,

Danica Page

60 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Vortex! I loved Tempest so much! I still have to read Incarnate, but now that it's out in paperback I hope to soon!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Incarnate is good. I was lucky enough to get a copy at my library. Definitely recommend it. Anyway thanks for stopping by and for leaving your post.

      Delete
  2. I featured the New Soul series in one of my posts last week, really want to read that! Oh, and I've been reading good reviews about Catching Jordan. Nice books! :)

    Thanks for visiting my WWW post :)

    jadechristyn @ Bookish Feelings Recorded

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The New Souls series seems to get rave reviews. Incarnate is good. Catching Jordan is good. Actually, it was better than I thought it would be.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Wow, seems like we have a bit of a same taste when it comes to contemporary. New follower via GFC:) Happy reading!

    What I'm Waiting for This Wednesday
    My Enormous TBR Pile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow. That just made my day. I followed back. I loved your pick as well.

      Delete
  4. I haven't realized that Asunder will be out so soon! It was like yesterday when I wanted to cry because I had to wait! WOW. I can't wait to read it. PS. Both Time Between us and Lola are really interesting read. I hope you'll enjoy them.

    Here is our WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how books can suddenly sneak up on you. I am anxious to read both TBU and Lola. I'm glad you liked them.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Both of these are on my TBR list too - I hope they are great follow-ups!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I liked the first one and I hope the sequels don't disappoint. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Wow, that's a great bunch of books. I have Hooked to read next month and Catching Jordan is on my TBR list. Hopefully soon I can get to it. All of your books I've heard great things about and a few are on my wishlist. Can't wait to read your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.

    -new follower-
    Katie ~ Turner’s Antics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my books. Hooked hasn't got me hooked yet, but I'm only a few pages in. Catching Jordan was really good. Definitely recommend it. Thanks for the follow. I also enjoyed your picks.

      Delete
  7. I didn't really enjoy Tempest but I LOVED Incarnate, so I'm so excited for Asunder :) Great picks :D

    My WOW this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you loved Incarnate. I also can't wait for Asunder. Thanks for stopping by. I loved your picks as well.

      Delete
  8. I sooo want Asunder. And Vortex sounds amazing. Nice picks.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know both of these just look so good. Thanks for sharing. Loved your picks too.

      Delete
  9. Your WOW books look tempting...I haven't started either series, and it seems like most books are part of one; however, one can still wish.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked my picks. I definitely recommend both of these. Great pick to you as well.

      Delete
  10. I still need to read Incarnate.. but I love the covers from that series! :)

    WoW at Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely recommend it. The covers are beautiful and the stories are actually really good too. Thanks for stopping by .

      Delete
  11. I still need to read Incarnate and Tempest. I own Tempest so hopefully I'll get to it before too long. Lovely picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of them are amazing. I definitely recommend them.

      Delete
  12. I've gotta pick up Tempest so I can read Vortex! Great picks for your currently reading/finished reading/what you're reading next. I did a review of Time Between Us last month and I really liked it - check it out if you have a chance!

    Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tempest is good. I definitely recommend it. Thanks for linking me to your review. I'm looking at it right now.

      ~Danica Page
      Taking It One Page at a Time

      Delete
  13. I read Incarnate last week, and the ending was so mind-blowing. I can't wait to read Asunder, and find out more about the Newsoul. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ending is indeed mind-blowing. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. Both of your WoW picks are ones I'll probably read, since I did like the first books, though I didn't love either, so it's a question whether they'll make it to the top of the queue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you liked the first two and I totally understand the "they might not make the top of my queue." There are just so many good books to read.

      Delete
  15. I haven't read any of the first books of your WOW picks so I'd have to read those two first but I like the sound of them and I'd love to give them a try. I hope you enjoy reading them.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely recommend reading both of these series. They are incredible. Thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  16. Time Between Us has been sitting on my TBR for awhile now, I've heard a couple of good things but haven't seen much buzz for it. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

    My WWW Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  17. Even though I heard a lot of buzz about Anna and the French Kiss, my expectations were low, so I rated it highly. Had I believed it would be awesome, I would probably have been disappointed, too. I'm with you, there. I hope you enjoy Hooked. I hope to start it soon. Thanks for stopping by my WWW.
    Megan @ love, literature, art, and reason

    ReplyDelete
  18. OOh nice! Seeing these around a bit lately but haven't read any of their previous titles. They look pretty good though!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Asunder has an amazing cover. Time between Us is one Im still trying to get to. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

  20. My goodness Asunder sounds like a good book. Great picks and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really need to read Incarnate, I have heard good things about it. I am currently reading Vortex right now and it is really good so far. I think you will enjoy it, especially if you like Tempest. I would suggest rereading Tempest to read Vortex, it starts off right were Tempest left off. =] Thanks for sharing and visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didn't really like Incarnate, but I liked Tempest. I can't wait until Vortex comes out! I wonder how the trilogy will end...
    Nice picks! :D
    & thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've not read Jodi Meadows New Souls series, because they're not really my thing. However, they have gorgeous covers! ^.^
    As for the Vortex, I haven't read Tempest yet, but it's in my pile of books waiting to be started, I'm sure I'm going to love it and will be pining for the sequal afterwards. ^.^
    Thanks for sharing!
    Also, thanks for stopping by my blog. :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ahh Asunder is awesome! I hope you love it as much as I did! I haven't read the other series yet, but it sounds interesting!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have not had a chance to read either of this series but they sound amazing and those covers are gorgeous. Really cool.

    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my post :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really enjoyed Anna but I think that sometimes a lot of hype can ruin a book. You just go into it with such high expectations that it becomes impossible for the book to live up to it. I didn't like Lola as much as Anna though. Lola was just a little more unlikable a character than Anna was but I didn't like Cricket. I'm looking forward to the third book in this companion series but I'm not dying for it.

    I'm glad to hear that you liked Catching Jordan, its been on my list but I've been on the fence about it.

    My WWW Wednesday is here.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great choices. I still have Tempest sitting on my shelf, waiting to be read, but I've heard so many great things about it. I'm definitely going to have to make a plan to catch up on that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the covers for both series! I have to read the first books in both series as well. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm listening to the audio for Vortex right now, and even though I'm only like 20% in, I already like it more than Tempest. The narrator is GREAT! I'm also looking forward to Asunder...I really liked Incarnate when I read it last year, but I think I need a refresher because it's been awhile. :) Thanks for sharing & stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've heard good things about these books. I just got Incarnate from the library, so I can read it soon! Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooh! I like Julie Cross! Can't wait for Vortex <3

    Isabel @ Sab The Book Eater

    ReplyDelete
  32. I feel so bad I own both the debut books in these two series, I actually pre-ordered them but haven't read either one, (I seem to do this a lot).
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This whole list makes me realize just how far behind I am. All of the sequels have a first book that I need to read. Such a slacker.

    Great picks and new follower via GFC :)

    Otherwhere.Co

    ReplyDelete
  34. I haven't read the predecessors of both books, but my friends have them so hopefully I'd be able to borrow and read them before the sequels come out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great picks! I'm so excited for Asunder because I loved Incarnate! I also really need to read The Tempest soon!

    Thanks for visiting my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  36. You know, I always wonder what the government hides from us.. Vortex sounds really good and I love the cover for Asunder... Lovely picks :) Thanks for stopping by!

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  37. I just LOVE the cover of Asunder!! Definitely excited for that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. ahhh ashunder looks great! i really need that one! thanks for checking out my WOW ! i love keeping up with your blog! - Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  39. I hope you enjoy both of them when you get them. I haven't read either Tempest or Incarnate, but I want to! In fact, I have a copy of Tempest somewhere, in those piles and piles of books :p

    Thanks for stopping by,
    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm waiting on both of these! I can't wait to read these sequels! I loved Incarnate so much! I really can't wait to read what happens next. And the Tempest sequel! I was so torn at the ending of that one. Curious about the little girl and heartbroken. I can't wait to see what happens next! Time travel is always exciting!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great picks! I loved Catching Jordan and Time Between Us sounds so good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm really looking forward to Vortex! And my poor copy of Incarnate has been sitting on my shelf for months! I must read it soon. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  43. I still need to read Incarnate and Tempest! Incarnate's been on my shelves forever, but I don't own Tempest. Need to get to both of them soon.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ~Merin @ Read and Reviewed

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm so sad about what you felt in Anna. I really loved that book.
    Nice books on your list, though!

    Michelle Shouts Random

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love your choice of books. I have similar interest in reading. Have you ever read Harry Kraus?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)