Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday/WWW Wednesday (24)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The point is to share a book that hasn't been released yet, but one that you are dying to read. This is my thirtieth time participating in this meme.

And now for the books I'm waiting for. I chose one Young Adult novel and one Adult novel.

The first one is This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith. It comes out on April 2,2013 and is being published by Poppy.

The synopsis:


If fate sent you an email, would you answer?


When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds. 

Then Graham finds out that Ellie's Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs? 


Why I'm waiting? I just read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and loved it, so I'm really excited to read more from this author. My review of Statistical Probability is here. I also just love the cover and the synopsis sounds intriguing. What do you guys think?

Add it to your Goodreads shelf.

The second one is Love at Any Cost by Julie Lessman. It comes out on May 1, 2013 and is being published by Fleming H. Revell Company.

The synopsis:


Jilted by a fortune hunter, cowgirl Cassidy McClare is a spunky Texas oil heiress without a fortune who would just as soon hogtie a man as look at him. Hoping a summer visit with her wealthy cousins in San Francisco will help her forget her heartache, Cassidy travels west. 

But no sooner is she settled in beautiful California than Jamie McKenna, a handsome pauper looking to marry well, captures her heart. When Jamie discovers the woman he loves is poorer than he is, Cassidy finds herself bucked by love a second time. Will Jamie discover that money can't buy love after all? And can Cassidy ever learn to fully trust her heart to a man? 

With delectable descriptions and a romantic sensibility, bestselling author Julie Lessman brings the Gilded Age to life in this sumptuous new series. Readers will faithfully follow Lessman to the West Coast for more romance, passion, and surprising revelations found in "Love at Any Cost."

Why I'm waiting? I love Julie Lessman's books. I've now read every single book she had published so far an all of them were high 4 to 5 star ratings. She deals with faith and passion in a fresh new way. Plus her characters are always fabulous. 

Add it to your Goodreads shelf here.

And those are two of the books that I'm dying to read. But enough about me, what book did you guys pick? Please leave your link in the comments section. I love hearing from you guys.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

~W.W.W. Wednesday (23)~

W.W.W. Wednesday is another weekly meme. This one is hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. To play along just answer three simple questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? And what do you think you'll read next?

This is my twenty-first week participating in this meme. I forgot to do this last week, so there are a lot of novels in the what I just read pile.

What am I currently reading?


I'm currently reading Nightshade by Ronie Kendig. So many of my blogging friends loved this so I had to give it a shot. It hasn't gripped me yet, but I'm sure it will.


Hopeless by Colleen Hoover-I've heard amazing things about it and it was cheap on Amazon, so I decided to give it a go. 

What did I recently finish reading?


Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout-I had heard enough people say that this was amazing so I gave it a go. My review will be up soon. I really enjoyed it.


Taking Shots (Assassins, #1) by Toni Aleo- I read the third one in the series so I wanted to go back and read the first one. It was also enjoyable. My review will be up soon.
Derailed (Clayton Falls, #1) by Alyssa Rose Ivy- I loved this author and since it was free, I decided to get it. I loved it. My review will be up soon. 

What do I think I'll read next?

There are so many good books on my docket. What shoul I read first? Dare you To, The Edge of Never, Time Between Us, or Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy? I'm thinking Dare You To. What do you guys think I should read next?

That's all for me. What about you guys? What are you reading? Please leave your link in the comments. I love hearing from you.

Love,

Danica Page

55 comments:

  1. Great Waiting on Wednesday picks! I want to read Dare You too so badly :) It sounds like it's going to be a great read. Here's my WOW post:

    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm glad you liked my picks. I liked yours too. I got Dare You To from Netgalley. I screamed and jumped up and down when I got approved. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your link. I loved yours too.

      Delete
  2. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight (wow, it's tiring just writing that title, lol) was a really cute book last year, I'm looking forward to it to. My WOW:

    http://lyricalletter.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-is-hosted-over-at.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it and yes it is really tiring to write out. :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I loved your pick as well. I really need to read that series.

      Delete
  3. This is What Happy Looks Like is something I'll leave for the summer. I love to read these books on summer. Love at any Cost doesn't sound like something I normally read but if I see some great review I might change my mind. Great picks :)

    Here is our WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would definitely be a good summer read. :) Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  4. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight sounds like it will a cute read, and Love At Any Cost sounds good too. Nice picks.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really cute, I definitely recommend it. Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you liked my picks.

      Delete
  5. This is What Happy Looks Like seems like a fun read. :> Love at Any Cost isn't something I'd normally pick up but my co-blogger might like it. :> Thanks for dropping by our blog! New follower here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look like a fun read and I love that cover. Thanks for sharing and hey Love at Any Cost isn't a read everybody will enjoy. :) Thanks for the follow that just made my day. :) I followed back and your picks were awesome.

      Delete
  6. I want to read "This is What Happy looks Like" it sounds awesome.
    Have fun reading Hopeless, that book is..... in a class by itself!
    Beth @ YA Vixens

    YA Vixens WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look so good. I've read the first page of Hopeless like six times because I keep wanting to read it, but just can't find time yet.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. This is What Happy Looks Like's cover makes me happy! I love black/white covers with just a touch of color! I am really looking forward to this one... and Dare You To, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me happy too. I also love black and white mixed with a little bit of color; hence, my blog design. :) Thanks for sharing.

      And yes I can't wait to read Dare You To either.

      Delete
  8. Great picks!

    new follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-32.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow that just made my day. :) I'm glad you liked my picks.

      Delete
  9. I want to read This is What Happy Looks Like also.

    My WOW - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like that one. It does look fabulous. Thanks for sharing your link.

      Delete
  10. Happy looks like a great read.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it and yes I hope I get to read it soon too. Thanks for sharing and for leaving your link.

      Delete
  11. Great WoW picks! Hope you're enjoying Hopeless. I plan on reading it soon.

    Thanks for stopping by! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm glad you like my picks. I'm enjoying Hopeless so far. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. This Is What Happy Looks Like is a great choice! I'm eagerly waiting for that one, too. I haven't heard about the other book, but it sounds good!
    Btw if you liked Obsidian, I'll recommend you read JLA's other books as well - that is, if you haven't yet read them - 'cause they are all very good :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm glad you like my pick. I do really need to read JLA's other books. I just haven't gotten to them yet.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  13. I don't read a lot of romances, but both of these look so sweet that I'm definitely tempted to give them a try. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for commenting.

      Delete
  14. Great pick! This is What Happy Looks Like is high on my list too. I liked Hopeless a lot and can't wait to hear what you think of it.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I'm really liking Hopeless so far.

      Delete
  15. OMG! I can't wait to read This is what happy looks like. It's been in my TBR for ages. Great pick!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also can't wait to read this one. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  16. Really great wow picks. This is what happy looks like has a really good premise. I will have to check it out when it comes out. Thanks for sharing and visiting my WoW. =]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes! This is What Happy Looks Like is also definitely on my list :) I just read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and I really enjoyed it - such a great light read. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed Statistical Probability. It was so cute. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  18. Great pick! I saw this for the first time a few weeks ago on a different WoW and it looks really cute.
    Also I'm glad you enjoyed Obsidian and I just downloaded Derailed as well, so I'll have to remember to check back for your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I'm glad you liked my pick and I just finished reading Derailed. It was good, but not my fav.

      Delete
  19. I've heard a lot of really great things about This Is What Happy Looks Like - I hope it lives up to all of our expectations! I haven't read Julie Lessman, but I'll definitely put her down - seems like a good historical author.

    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just looks so cute. I also hope it lives up to all of our expectations.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  20. I'm glad you enjoyed Obsidian too! Thanks for sharing such interesting books.
    -Jelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I loved it. I'd like to read Onyx and Opal soon. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  21. Threat pucks! I can't wait to read This is Whst Happy Looks Like. I really liked Derailed too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad you liked my picks. I liked Derailed. It wasn't as good as some of her other books, but I enjoyed it.

      Delete
  22. These look good. Thanks for sharing.
    Cricket@LittleLibraryMuse

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hadn't really given much attention to 'This Is What Happy Looks Like' (or 'The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight') because I've never really read contemporaries. But this is my year to do that and these sound like I would probably enjoy them. So great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that genre so I'm biased but I'd recommend them. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  24. I actually just put This is What Happy Looks Like on my to-read list this week! Great pick.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post!

    Merin @ Read and Reviewed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad. It looks so good. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  25. I am so excited for This Is What Happy Looks Like! It sounds so cute! As for Love At Any Cost, I hadn't heard of it before, but it does sound like something I'd enjoy! I hope you are liking your current read, Hopeless! I loved that book! Enjoy it and I can't wait to hear what ya think. :D
    Great picks, Danica!

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my WoW earilier. Happy reading! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It looks fabulous.

      I loved Hopeless. It was mind-blowing. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  26. I really enjoyed your picks and definitely adding to my tbr pile = )

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my picks. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  27. Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow. That just made my entire day.

      Delete
  28. New follower via Linky :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, and sorry for the late reply. Your comment went into the spam folder and I didn't see it :/

    I've seen Hopeless mentioned a lot lately on blogs, hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)