Wednesday, January 2, 2013

W.W.W. Wednesday (21)


~W.W.W. Wednesday (21)~

W.W.W. Wednesday is another weekly meme. This one is hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. To play along just answer three simple questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? And what do you think you'll read next?

This is my twenty-first week participating in this meme. I forgot to do this last week, so there are a lot of novels in the what I just read pile.

What am I currently reading?

I'm currently reading Submerged (Alaskan Courage, #1) by Dani Pettrey. 

I've read the second one in the series (Shattered), but I haven't read this one, the first one. I loved the sequel so much that I decided to give this one a shot. My review of the sequel will be up on the thirteenth. I've included the synopsis below. 


A sabotaged plane. Two dead deep-water divers. 


Yancey, Alaska was a quiet town . . . until the truth of what was hidden in the depths off the coast began to appear. 



Bailey Craig vowed never to set foot in Yancey again. She has a past, and a reputation--and Yancey's a small town. She's returned to bury a loved one killed in the plane crash and is determined not to stay even an hour more than necessary. But then dark evidence emerges and Bailey's own expertise becomes invaluable for the case. 



Cole McKenna can handle the deep-sea dives and helping the police recover evidence. He can even handle the fact that a murderer has settled in his town and doesn't appear to be moving on. But dealing with the reality of Bailey's reappearance is a tougher challenge.



She broke his heart, but she is not the same girl who left Yancey. He let her down, but he's not the same guy she left behind. Can they move beyond the hurts of their pasts and find a future together?

Add it your Goodreads shelf here.  


I'm also currently reading Hooked by Liz Fichera. I received an e-galley of this book from Netgalley. I hadn't heard anything about it when I first accepted it, but now I have actually read a lot of great reviews for it. It's good so far, but I'm not very far into it.  


When Native American Fredericka ‘Fred’ Oday is invited to become the only girl on the school’s golf team, she can’t say no. This is an opportunity to shine, win a scholarship and go to university, something no one in her family has done. 



But Fred’s presence on the team isn’t exactly welcome — especially not to rich golden boy Ryan Berenger, whose best friend was kicked off the team to make a spot for Fred.

But there’s no denying that things are happening between the girl with the killer swing and the boy with the killer smile...

GET HOOKED ON A GIRL NAMED FRED.


Add it your Goodreads shelf here. 

What did I recently finish reading?


I recently finished reading Where She Went by Gayle Forman. My review of this novel is here. 

I read If I Stay awhile ago, but I just barely got to reading Where She Went. It was terrific, even better than I thought it would be and I had pretty high expectations. 

Add it your Goodreads shelf here.

I also recently finished Vanished by Irene Hannon. Irene is one of my favorite authors of all time. She is a queen at romantic suspense. I was nervous to read this one, but I shouldn't have been. Hannon's story was absolutely brilliant. My review of her novel is here.

Add it your Goodreads shelf here. 

I also finished reading A Love Surrendered (Winds of Change, #3)by Julie Lessman. I hadn't read any of the other ones in this series, but I absolutely loved this one. In fact, I loved it so much that I went back and bought the entire series. :) This one was easily one of my favorite reads last year. My review is here. 

Add it your Goodreads shelf here. 


I also finished reading The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen. This one was only 99 cents on Amazon so I got in on a whim because I thought I could use it in my New Adult Contest for this year. I absolutely adored it. My review of this book is here. I loved this book. In fact, I was surprised by how much I loved it.

Add it your Goodreads shelf here. 


I also finished reading Ruby Red and Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier. Those are the first two in the Ruby Red trilogy and they are simply fantastic. I absolutely loved them and am dying to read the third and final one in the series. I can't wait until it comes out. My review of both of these are here

Add it your Goodreads shelf here. 


What do I think I'll read next?

I am hoping to read a lot of books this week before I start school again on Monday. Yuck I just realized how close that is.

Anyway, I should be reading Existence by Abbi Glines (Young Adult), Nightshade by Ronie Kendig (Adult), and Distant Melody by Sarah Sundin. Among many others, but I'll report on that next week.

That's all for me. What about you guys? What are you reading? Please leave your link in the comments. I love hearing from you.

Also, you might be interested in checking out my $15 gift certificate giveaway that I'm hosting. Look at the top left.

Love,
Danica Page

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, there are some great sounding books here. I am definitely going to look up Submerged based on that blurb! And the Ruby Red trilogy based on your rec. Thanks! My WWW is here
    http://lostinsidethecovers.wordpress.com/2013/01/02/www-wednesdays-january-2nd/#comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby Red looks really good :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/01/www-wednesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Ruby Red and have been holding off on reading Sapphire Blue because I don't want the wait for the final book to be too long. Its hard to resist it though. The Callie and Kayden book is also on my TBR pile so glad to hear another review that liked it.

    My WWW Wednesday can be found here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooked is really really high on my want-to-read list. I almost requested it but didn't at the last moment because I have SO many other books I need to read...like NOW. xD

    Hope you enjoy it!

    My WWW Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. New to your blog! Love it!

    Submerged was not on my radar but it is on my TBR list now! I also need to start reading Kerstin Gier this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)