Sunday, February 17, 2013

Book Review: Easy by Tammara Webber

Easy
by Tammara Webber
Realistic Contemporary New Adult Romance
Released On: May 25, 2012
Published By: Berkley Trade
Average Goodreads Rating: 4.31
Pages: 230

Before I get into my review, here's the summary that's available on Goodreads:

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.


Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night - but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.


When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.

An Overview of the Novel: Jacqueline has been known as Jackie because her boyfriend wanted her to be his "Jackie," but then he dumps her because he needs to have some fun before he becomes a politician.

She's stunned. She never thought he'd dump her. She followed him to his preferred school and now she has no idea why. Then she's assaulted by his friend and if it hadn't been for some stranger named Lucas she would have been raped.

She's stunned, but she's drawn toward Lucas, but then there's also her tutor named Landon who she can't help but be attracted to either. 

Lucas seems to be everywhere she turns around. The only question is whether or not Lucas feels the same way and if they can get over their pasts to make a future together. 

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: I was hesitant to read this one, but so many people loved it that I decided to give it a shot. I'm so glad I did. I absolutley loved this one. It was such an incredible book.

I love reading books that have depths to them. This book had so much depth to it. I loved everything about this novel. Jacqueline and Lucas were surprisingly easy to relate to.

Yes, I pegged the general plot line, but I still really loved this novel. It was such a beautiful, moving read. I'm so glad I read it. Even if you don't love the New Adult genre, you should definitely check this one out. It's an incredible read. 

Webber has just became a writer that I'll be keeping close tabs on. I loved everything about this novel. Everybody should go read this one. It's amazing. 

So why 5 out of 5 stars? I loved everything about this novel. The characters, the writing, the plotline, and the depth that this novel had to it. So many novels skirt around having depth to them, but don't actually achieve that depth. This one did.

In Summary: A beautiful, poignant novel that I loved. It was slightly predictable, but overall it was just an incredible read. 

The Wrap-up: Tammara is an excellent writer and this novel was an amazing read. The characters were incredibly well-developed. Overall, this novel was one of my all-time favorites. Definitely recommended. 

Love,

Danica Page


12 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of this book!! I loved every single minute of it. The emotion just pours off the pages. Great reveiw Danica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also loved every minute of it. Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you liked my review.

      Delete
  2. I still need to read this GAH, so many books, so little time, right? Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend getting to this one sooner than later. It's incredible. But I totally understand about the so many good books so little time part.

      Delete
  3. I agree with you, this was a really emotional read and everything was handled so well. I loved it so much! Fabulous review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked my review. And I totally agree with you.

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to read this one! I have it sitting in my pile, but I have a bunch of books to read before it. :( It's worth it because I'll cherish it even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely recommend this one. It is incredible. Have fun waiting for it. Hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  5. I also loved the depth. The characters were so perfect for each other and I loved watching their brokeness be healed little by little.
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you loved this novel. The characters were so perfect for each other and I also loved watching them be healed together. Thanks for stopping by and for commenting.

      Delete
  6. I bought this a while back and still haven't had time to read. I am going to have to find time. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely recommend getting to this sooner rather than later. It's incredible and thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you liked my review.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)