Friday, February 15, 2013

Book Review: The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter

The Goddess Inheritance
(Goddess Test, #3)
by Aimee Carter
Asked to Review
Young Adult Realistic Contemporary
Released On: February 26, 2013
Published By: Harlequin Teen
Average Goodreads Rating: 4.27
Pages: 384

Don't worry there are no spoilers.

Before I get into my review, here's the synopsis available on Goodreads:

Love or life.

Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.

During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.

With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.

Even if it costs her eternity.


My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Disclaimers: I received a temporary e-arc from the publisher via Edelweiss.

An Overview of the Novel: Kate has been deceived by her friends and is now left isolated to bear her child alone. She's survived nine months of captivity with Cronus and a jealous goddess Calliope.

Calliope and Cronus want very different things from Kate, but all she knows is she is about to be tested more than she can bear. Henry or her child? Her family or the world? Everything Kate values is about to be put at risk and she's the one who's going to decide who lives and who dies.

Calliope wants Henry for herself. Cronus wants Kate. Kate wants her child and Henry and the world safe. And Calliope and Cronus want the world to be destroyed.

And one decision by Kate is going to determine life or death. 

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: I've enjoyed this series. Although, I've been disappointed with some aspects of them. I've kept reading the series. And after the cliff-hanger of the sequel, I couldn't help but read the third one in the series.

I'm glad I did. There were so many things I was waiting to see happen. Some of them did and some of them didn't.

I kept waiting for Kate to get it together and I kept waiting to see her actually stick up for herself and stop being so weak. 

I kept waiting to see Calliope come to reason and come back to the right side. 

I kept waiting to see Henry and Kate finally genuinely and purely love each other. 

I kept waiting to see Ava have a chance to redeem herself.

Like I said, some of these things I was waiting for so badly and some of them occurred and some of them didn't. Some moments were heart-breaking and some were beautiful moments.

This book was heart-breakingly beautiful. This was a series I thought I couldn't wait to finish, but then when the series actually ended, I didn't want it to end. I realized that Aimee Carter had created a world that I had grown to love and one that I was sad to leave.

Excellent conclusion. If you've liked this series, you'll love this last one. If you hated the last one, you might actually like this one. I'd say give this one a shot, it might very well surprise you.

So Why 3.5 out of 5 stars? Although I thought this book ended really well and I really enjoyed reading it, I have read other books that I liked better. 

In Summary: Aimee Carter created a world that I didn't want to leave. It was brilliantly portrayed. The finale to this series is one of the better conclusions that I've read in awhile. 

The Wrap-up: Aimee Carter actually surprised me with how well she wrapped up this series. Like I mentioned earlier, parts of it were heart-breaking, but it was beautiful. I really enjoyed reading it. 

Love,

Danica Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)