Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday Memes: The Best of the Best and Dualed


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate just head on over to their blog and sign up. Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday.

I'm sort of cheating. I'm doing three lists of five, so here we go. My lists of 5 come from these genres: New Adult, Christian Fiction, and Dystopian/Sci-fi.

I also had to organize it by gender because it was quickly becoming Danica's
boyfriend list...and that's just not fair to all the amazing female characters out there. :)

Top 5: Males in New Adult 


1.  Holder from Hopeless-
I kind of have a thing for bad boys and so yeah Holder
was definitely attractive. I loved him. He also had
such a good heart.


2. Kayden from The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden-
I loved his character. He knew what he wanted
and he wasn't afraid to do what it took
to get what he wanted. But he also had a lot to overcome
and was a cool guy.


 3. Travis from Something Like Normal-
I liked Travis. He had a lot to overcome,
but he was a really good guy who tried to take care
of those in his life.


4. Lucas from Easy-
I loved him the moment we met him.
He had a lot to deal with, but he was one tough cookie.
He's just such a great character.

5. Noah from Pushing the Limits-
I loved Noah. He was just bad boy enough, yet had
such a great heart. His love for his brothers and the
way he interacted with Echo. Yes, loved him. 

Top 5: Females in Christian Fiction

1. Kate from The Negotiator-
Kate has a past to overcome, but she loves fiercely
and protects those she loves. Kate is easily one of my
all-time favorite characters.


2. Piper from Shattered-
Has such a large curiosity and an
even bigger heart. She wants to believe
the best in people and I loved that about her.


 3. Faith from A Passion Most Pure-
Faith just had such a good heart. She loved
dearly and even though her sister hated her, 
she really did try to love her. I loved that. 


4. Rachel from The Healer-
Rachel had such a good heart too.
She just wanted so badly to help people
and to help her family. I loved her.


5. Kate Winslow from Saving Hope-
I loved Kate. She devoted her life to
helping others even at the expense
of her mother's approval. She
was an amazing character.

Top 5: Characters in Dystopian

1.  Callie from Starters-
She was willing to sacrifice so much 
for those she loved, but she still had such
a strong moral code. I loved that.

2.  Four from Divergent-
I just love him. He is so strong
and yet so caring. He is such a great character.


3. Alex from Delirium-
Once again he was just another great
character. He was willing to sacrifice so much
and was so strong.
4. Cassie from Hope's Daughter-
I loved Cassie. She was so strong and so willing
to keep pushing forward. And she had great taste in choosing
her crush too.


5. Terra from Infraction-
Terra was one tough cookie. She was able
to survive against all odds and was just such
an intriguing character. 

And that's all for me. What was your top ten? Did you have as hard of a time picking as I did? Please feel free to leave your link in the comments. 
I love reading them. :)

~Teaser Tuesday~

This meme is hosted by Miz B of Should be Reading.

The rules are really simple. Just grab the book you're reading and turn to a random page. Pick two sentences and post them along with the page number, book, and author.

Without further ado here is my Teaser Tuesday for this week. 

This week my teaser comes from Dualed by Elise Chapman. 

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book. It was such an interesting premise. If you love Dystopian check this one out. 

You can add it to your Goodreads shelf here. 


“'I don't want to have to save your life,' Chord says softly. 'Not when you can do it.'” 
~e-arc.


My review will be up later this week. It was awesome though. Definitely recommend it.  

That's all for me. Which book did you pick this week. Please comment and leave your link. I check out every single link and respond" to every comment. :)

Love,
Danica Page

68 comments:

  1. Interesting Teaser. Sounds like it's an action packed adventure. I'll have to check this one out. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm glad you liked my teaser, and yes it's definitely action-packed. Thanks for stopping by as well.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you liked my teaser.

      Delete
  3. It isn't always best to save the world yourself, but yeah, I get that.

    Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, definitely true. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I like the way you mixed up your list this week. I confess I haven't read any of the books you listed but I enjoyed reading your comments about each character.

    Thanks for stopping by and for leaving a comment--always appreciated.
    My list this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm glad you liked my list. And wow definitely recommend reading some of these.

      Delete
  5. Interesting teaser! I love Dee Henderson's books. Here is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Henderson, so glad to meet another Henderson fan. Thanks for stopping by. I'm so glad you left your link and yes Henderson is incredible like I said earlier.

      You've clearly got great taste. I'm a new follower. :)

      Delete
  6. I have Hopeless on my TBR. Must read it soon. And I've been hearing about Trish Doller's Something Like Normal for awhile now. Must put on book list. :D

    Thanks for dropping by my blog and checking out my TTT post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Hopeless. I love it. And yes, Trish Doller's book was actually surprisingly good. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Great little teaser.

    I love your Top 10 post, too. Love so many of those characaters.

    New follower :)

    My TT - RobynLeanne @ Fairytales and Folklore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow. That made my day. I'm glad you liked my post. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I love Lucas from Easy, haha *swoons. I plan to read Pushing the limit soon! Interesting teaser too. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHH! Your tease is coming from what I am putting on my Waiting on Wednesday tomorrow LOL. Love it!! Great list of characters as well. Thank you for visiting my TT. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read it soon. It's a great book. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. I have definitely been curious about Dualed...and do love Dystopian books once in awhile.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dystopian books are great...if you read the good ones. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get to read Dualed and that you enjoy it.

      Delete
  11. I love Four! And I'm completely in love with Noah from Pushing the Limits! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both fantastic. I'm glad you love them too and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. Great post and nice teaser. I just finished Dualed and I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by. I also really liked Dualed.

      Delete
  13. I'm glad to see some people who actually enjoyed Dualed. I keep reading nothing but "meh" reviews. :( Like the teaser, too. Thanks for sharing! Here's my teaser from Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy it, not my all-time fav, but it was intriguing. And I love Hopeless. Hope you are enjoying it.

      Delete
  14. First off great teaser! Second Totally agree on the Noah from Pushing the limits! He's super swoon worthy. I still have yet to read Easy so we'll see if I would add him to my list.

    Thank you for stopping by and commenting today! Have an awesome Tuesday and rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my teaser. And yes Noah is incredible. I'm sure you'll like Lucas. Most people do. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  15. Great list! I loved Four from Divergent and Noah from Pushing the Limits! :D thanks for stopping by my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you liked my list and yes those characters are incredible. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  16. I haven't read many Dystopian books, but this sounds like one I'd enjoy. I'll watch for your review.
    My Teaser is from TEN TINY BREATHS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My review should be up soon. Thanks for stopping by. I loved your teaser.

      Delete
  17. Interesting teaser - I seem to find myself reading more and more Dystopian books without intending too...lol...Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed my teaser. i love dystopian. I'd recommend Starters, Divergent, and Under the Never Sky as a place to start.

      Delete
  18. Love so many on your list! Four and Alex? Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so in love with this list. You have Dee Henderson books. I LOVE her.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    Deidra @ Simply Books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another Henderson fan! YAY! I also love her. She's fantastic. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  20. GREAT list! I especially like your top 5 boys!

    New follower :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    -Jeanine
    http://reviewingromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow. That made my day. I'm glad you liked my lists.

      Delete
  21. Love the top characters for Dystopian Sci-fi! Nice list- Come visit me too:) http://boardingwithbooks.blogspot.co.il/
    New follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my posts. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the follow.

      Delete
  22. Wow amazing list. I still have to read Divergent. I know I know im late. LOL. Its been sitting on my shelf for awhile now. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed Divergent, so i hope you get to it soon. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  23. Wow, so happy to see Terra made your Dystopian list! Then again, we're both a little biased :) Thanks, Danica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be a little bit biased, but I liked her way before I helped edit the sequel. Thanks and have a great day. :)

      Delete
  24. I LOVE your teaser! It really makes me want to read this book. Love it, love it, love it.
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you loved my teaser. I actually really liked that book. Definitely recommended.

      Delete
  25. Cool idea to do 3 mini-lists!!! I started to make so many lists, but had to stop bc I didn't feel like I could get to 10... I wish I would've thought to do mini-lists... very cute! Anyhow I LOVE Noah and I really want to read Easy and Something Like Normal soon!! I don't read a lot of Christian Fiction but I did like Like Moonlight at Low Tide by Nicole Quigley have you ever read that??

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'm glad you liked my idea to do mini teasers. I'm glad you liked so many people from my lists. I definitely recommend Easy and Something Like Normal. I haven't read that one, but I'll definitely have to check it out.

      Delete
  26. Ooooh, I love that teaser! That sounds like such a good read! I swooned over your top ten. Holder, Lucas, Four, and Alex all make my list ;) Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my teaser and I hope you get to read it soon and that you enjoy it. Yes, all four of those guys are incredible. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  27. Replies
    1. Thanks I'm glad you liked it and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  28. Whoever this was said to sounds like an awesome kickbutt character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he certainly was a kickbutt character. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  29. Great teaser! I'm glad to see you loved Dualed. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I really did like it. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  30. I LOVE you NA lists! I love Holder and Travis! ♥ Among the dystopians, I'm yet to read them all but I'll make sure I do so soon! Oh, and that teaser is great. I've been hearing really nice things about Dualed, I hope you enjoy it! :)

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my TT earlier.

    Happy reading! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NA genre is fantastic. I definitely recommend all off of my dystopian list as well.

      Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you liked my teaser.

      Delete
  31. Dualed seems popular. I think I have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  32. I love Kayden and Noah so much! All the other contemporary's are on my TBR list. Four is one of my favorite characters ever! This is a great list.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Annie @ Tar Heel Bibliobabe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also loved those characters. I hope you get to the other novels soon and thanks for stopping by. And yes Four is incredible too.

      Delete
  33. Great list! I love Divergent and haven't finished Pushing the Limits (though I love what I've read so far), and I'm starting Delirium very soon! Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're liking Pushing the Limits so far. I loved it. I hope you enjoy Delirium and yes Divergent was incredible.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  34. Ooh, great post!

    -Brad @ BookYAReview

    ReplyDelete
  35. SOOO many of the books on your list are on my To-Read list! I'm a HUGE fan of Colleen Hoover, I REALLY need to read my copy of Hopeless!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)