Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday Memes: Bad Boys Galore, Strands of Bronze and Gold...Love is in the Air


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate just head on over to their blog and sign up. Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday.


Top Ten Favorite Romances


Only 10?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

How am I supposed to choose only 10. This is going to be really tough. I could name at least 50 excellent  romances, but oh well here we go.

I didn't do 50, but I did 15. Sorry. :)

Top 5 Favorite Classical Romances


1. Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice-
I think that this has to be one of the cutest romances of all times.
Elizabeth is definitely stubborn and proud, and Mr. Darcy
can be pompous and arrogant, but together they are perfect.


2. Kitty and Levin from Anna Karenina-
Their romance frustrated me because it took so long to develop, 
but I always thought they were perfect for each other.


 3. Marguite and Percy from The Scarlet Pimpernel-
In my opinion, this is one of the most romantic books ever
and they don't even kiss in the entire book. Oh how
I love this book. A great romance.


4. Lucy and George from A Room with a View-
I loved these two characters. They fought their relationship
from the get-go but I knew they had to end up together.
They just had to. Beautiful romance.

5. Anne and Captain Wentworth from Persuasion-
I know it's awful that I like this one. They were together
and then broke up for 7 years, but still it's so cute.
And Captain Wentworth's letter. AH!!!!!

Top 10 Non-Classical Romances



1. Hermione and Ron from Harry Potter-
I almost want to put Harry and Hermione because they are
my favorite friendship, but I did love Hermione and 
Ron as a couple too.I was waiting for them to get together 
and when they did I was psyched.

2. Kate and Dave from The Negotiator-
I love almost all of Dee Henderson's pairings, but
Kate and Dave hold a special place in my heart. I love their
relationship. 


3. Aerin and Dane from Academy 7-
I always love Anne Osterlund's book,
and this couple was just so perfect for each other.
I loved the competition they had with each other, but
was rooting for them to get together from the start.

4. Echo and Noah from Pushing the Limits-
I loved both of these characters individually,
but collectively they were incredible. They
both were facing real challenges but together
they overcame them. I love that.


5. Travis and Harper and  Something like Normal-
They were just so right together. Each character was messed up and had a lot of issues to overcome, but together they did. Plus their relationship
just felt so real to me. 


6. Callie and Kayden from The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden-
I loved Callie and Kayden together. They had such strong
chemistry and their relationship was so intriguing. Definitely
a great couple. 


7. Oliver and Hadley from The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight-
I just thought that Oliver and Hadley were so cute together.
Oliver was so witty too, which always helps. But they were willing
to do anything for each other and I loved that. 


8. Kate and Hale from Heist Society-
I don't know why but I just think these two are so cute together.
They have great chemistry.


9. Auden and Eli from Along for the Ride-
I love Sarah Dessen's relationships. They always seem
so realistic and feasible to me. And this relationship
is arguably my favorite.


10. Tris and Four from Divergent-
I haven't read Insurgent yet. Trust me I know, how can
I not have read that yet, especially since I read Divergent right when
it came out. But I loved Tris and Four in Divergent. I hear
Tris is stupid in book 2, so I hope this doesn't change. 

Honorable Mentions:
Yelena and Valek from Study series
Piper and Landon from Shattered
Harper and Jake from Saving June
Jacqueline and Lucas from Easy

And that's all for me. What was your top ten? Did you have as hard of a time picking as I did? Please feel free to leave your link in the comments. 
I love reading them. :)

~Teaser Tuesday~

This meme is hosted by Miz B of Should be Reading.

The rules are really simple. Just grab the book you're reading and turn to a random page. Pick two sentences and post them along with the page number, book, and author.

Without further ado here is my Teaser Tuesday for this week. 

This week my teaser comes from Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson. I'm loving this one so far. I'm about 300 pages in and am loving it so far. Definitely recommend it. You can add it to your Goodreads shelf here. 


“Gideon and I never had a chance. It was always hopeless. Bernard would have been there waiting ” 
~291 in the electronic arc


Basically, Jane's debut is awesome so far. I hope the ending doesn't suck, because I'm really loving this one so far.

That's all for me. Which book did you pick this week. Please comment and leave your link. I check out every single link and respond" to every comment. :)

Love,
Danica Page

36 comments:

  1. I'm loving all of your couples! I did a post too, but it won't be up until tomorrow afternoon and I did a mix of classic and modern as well!

    Also, I've been wanting to read "Strands Of Bronze and Gold" but got denied for a copy from netgalley. I don't think I have enough people numbers yet... don't know though. But I'm stoked that your liking it. The original fairytale is super dark, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my picks and my couples. I'll keep my eye out for your post.

      Strands of Bronze and Gold was actually really good. Good luck getting people numbers. :)

      I haven't read the original fairytale to be honest though.

      Delete
  2. lol I totally agree with you re: Levin & Kitty! For a good chunk of the novel, I was like "Oh man, they're never going to get together, maybe Levin should just movie on..." but then they slowly got together and it was all <3 =)

    Great lists! Here's my TTT for this week =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you felt the same about Levin and Kitty. I was thinking exactly the same thing. But lucky for both of us Levin didn't move on. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I should have done more classics. I love your list! Mine's really more modern YA... But hey! We had Statistical Probability in common! here's my Top Ten Tueday

    Also, I'm a new blogger and follower. Hiii!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I do love the classics. I'm glad you liked my list and hey I love modern YA. And yes Statistical Probability is awesome.

      Thanks for the follow and for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Yes, Ron and Hermione \o/ Made my list as well. :D Great picks!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron and Hermione. :) I'm so glad they made your list too.

      Thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  5. Oh yes, Elizabeth and Darcy always. I think they will be on a lot of lists today haha. I also adore Ron & Hermione, Oliver & Hadley and Tris & Four :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you agree with so much of my list. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Darcy & Lizzie have to top EVERY romance list for me too. Loved seeing Heist Society on here...those two HAVE to get together in the next book, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's why they topped mine. I'm glad you liked my Heist Society one. Seriously though they really do need to get together. :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Great lists! I have two as well--one mostly classical, one scifi/fantasy/dytopian picks. My TTTs are at LKHill and Musings on Fantasia. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your links and yes the classics are so good. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Awesome post - so many wonderful books mentioned! And you picked a great teaser - it's sad but lovely. Makes me want to know more! Thanks so much for sharing and for stopping by my Teaser.
    Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you liked my teaser. :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Yay for Darcy and Liz, Ron and Hermoine, and for Harper and Travis. I especially loved the last one!
    And that teaser basically tells you nothing, but you want to know it all. Awesome pick. ;) Thanks a lot for stepping by and sharing! =) Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also really loved Harper and Travis. I was actually surprised by how much I loved them.

      I'm glad you liked my teaser. :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. An interesting teaser--makes one wonder who Bernard is and what he has to do with anything. Recognized all of the classic romances mentioned, but only the first of the non-classic titles. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sigh, yes, Ron and Hermione! I haven't read P&P or Persuasion, but I've been thinking about reading them both recently!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your list reminded me to bump that version of PERSUASION up my rental queue. I've been working my way through the movie adaptations (and one day will squeeze the books in as well!). Shame on me, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome list!! OMG, how could I forget Katy and Hale??? I loved them as a couple.
    old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/02/top-ten-tuesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Auden and Eli - yes! I can't believe I forgot them. And Ron and Hermione... be still my heart... :) So many to remember! lol So many of your books are on my TBR list... now I'm even more excited to get to them!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT

    Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ron and Hermione - YES! I haven't read some of these. Putting them on my list now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh. This looks like a good read. I haven't heard this one before. Will definitely look out for it.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Darcy and Elizabeth and Ron and Hermione. The tease is a great one as well! Thank you so much for visiting my TT. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many books I now need to read! I'm a sucker for romance. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So you're the second blog I've visited with Pushing the Limits. Now I must investigate. Loved your list! Looks like we have similar taste! It was almost impossible to keep it to ten. As I look at other blogs I see all of the wonderful couples I neglected!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was just approved to read this one. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an amazing list! I'm glad to see Echo and Noah on your list. They are such a great couple. Auden and Eli are also my favorite Sarah Dessen couple. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great teaser! This looms like such a beautifull book. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome list, but have you read the Lux series yet? I didn't do the list this week (had trouble picking only 10, so I decided not participate this week), but if I did, Daemon and Katy would so be on my list, I just love the chemistry between them, and the banter between them.
    Thanks for stopping by on my blog and for following. I’m already a follower on your blog. I kind of forgot (I follow so many blogs).


    -Nazish @ Nazish Reads

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE your romance picks! they come so close to what I would've chosen for myself! thanks for stopping by our blog! happy reading :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't participate in the ton ten meme but loved your selection! Pride & prejudice has to be at the top =)

    Oh and nice teaser! Will check that book out!
    Do drop by my teaser @ The Smell of Parchment.

    P.S- Following you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay for Elizabeth and Darcy! You really, really MUST watch The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, Danica! =)

    I have to read the Scarlet Pimpernel this year in advance of Diana Peterfreund's retelling (you've heard about that, right? Across the Star-Swept Sea?). Haven't heard about some of your non-classics, like Academy 7 - off to Goodreads I go!

    Thanks so much for sharing, and for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So agree on Ron & Hermione!!!! And on Pride & Prejudice!!!! I need to read A Room With a View! I've heard it's great! Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)