Friday, March 15, 2013

Blogger in the Spotlight....Boarding with Books

This week I'm pleased to introduce Esty of Boarding with Books, who will be starring in this week's Blogger in the Spotlight.

Big welcome, Esty.

Esty's author spotlight:

I chose Scott Westerfeld for my author spotlight. To those who don't know, he wrote the Uglies series (Uglies, Pretties, Specials, Extras) and the Leviathan Series (Leviathan, Behemoth, Goliath) and a bunch of other books besides. 

What I love about him is his ability to bring other time periods to life. His two big series mentioned above take place in the past and future- and how many books like that go wrong?? These were done so expertly he could be a time traveler. 

Originally from Texas, he now divides his time between Australia and the US. And guess what incredible Aussie author he's married to? JUSTINE LARBALESTIER. (author of Magic or Madness which I quite liked) How sick is that? A pair of married bestselling authors! 

Don't I wish my parents were writers! Besides that, he's had some interesting jobs in the past, including a composer, a media designer, and a factory worker making lead soldiers. 

On a personal level, he's retweeted and replied to me in the past on twitter! I absolutely love when authors (especially major ones) make time to answer their fans. He even visited my blog for reviewing his book! (If he checked it out, you most certainly have to;)). I TOTALLY recommend everything by him!

Great spotlight, Esty. Thanks for sharing with us. You've definitely made me want to go reread the Uglies series/read his other novels.  For those interested Scott's official site is here

Q & A with Esty:

How long have you been blogging?

Three months

Why do you love blogging?

 I found my first book blog after going to an author's website, and one of the  commenters  was a book blogger who asked to check her's out. I did and was  fascinated. A place  where you can write all you want about what you liked 
and disliked about a book? I  do that all the time anyway! And thus started my  book blogging love, and about a year or two later I started one myself. 

Why did you name your blog Boarding with Books?

I named my blog Boarding with Books because I was looking for something that rolled on the tongue and was directly connected to me. This year I started boarding at my school (it becomes mandatory in 9th grade) and felt that it was true, because I have a full bookshelf in both bedrooms so I quite literally Board with Books.

Why do you love dancing? What’s your favorite type of dance?

Ah, dancing. It's such a beautiful and exact art. It's fun and feminine exercise, and so satisfying. There is NOTHING like working hard physically and emotionally for months and then laying it all out on stage. Besides, you learn so much about your body, mind, life, and the entertainment business. In dance you can lose yourself and find yourself all at once. My favorite type of dance is tap- it's being both a dancer and a musician.

What do you love/hate about going to boarding school? (You’re not going to Hogwarts are you? :) )

HA. Don't I wish (though in the summer before 5th grade I was sure I was going to get my letter). What I love about my school is the atmosphere. I go to a relatively small all girls boarding school, so when first period is canceled you get another hour of sleep. You can go to class in your pajama pants (well, not all teachers allow this) cause it's not like there are boys to see your messy hair and un-made up face (don't judge I'm in high school). Also, your classmates are also your best friends, roommates, and family. These kind of places really bring people together. What I hate is the homesickness, the food, lack of sleep. Harry Potter doesn't really prepare you for those things...

Why did you learn Hebrew? What do you love about that language?

 I learned Hebrew because at age seven my family and I immigrated to Israel. I love the language because it's an ancient one (one of the oldest spoken today) but with a modern twist on it (at least the spoken language. The bible hasn't changed;)).

Why is it important to you that your reviews be spoiler free?

I hate checking out blogs but not being able to read some of the posts because of spoilers. By reviewing books I want to encourage readers to read them. How am I supposed to do that if I'm telling them everything that happened in the previous books before they've even touched them?

You seem to read a lot of genres. What are some of your favorite genres?

Pretty much everything except classics, but I like some of those, too. 

What are you currently reading and what are you going to read next?

I'm currently rereading Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare in preparation for Clockwork Princess coming out in two weeks (eeep!). After that I will be reading Nevermore by James Patterson (the last in the Maximum Ride series).

Why should people follow your blog?

Well, I would like people to follow my blog because I read almost all genres, so there should be something for everyone. Also, my reviews of young adult books are actually BY a young adult (me), which is a little different from all the YA book blogs run by adults. It's a different perspective. And besides, it shows support for the blog which really means a lot.

Thanks for stopping by.

Well that's all for this week's Blogger in the SpotlightBe sure to check out Esty's blog, Boarding with Books.


Also, if you're interested in being spotlighted, please see the Blogger in the Spotlight page. I have a ton of spots opening up for spotlights, so please email me if you're interested.
Love,
Danica Page

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this interview, Danica! And thanks to those who visited my blog, too. Love you all and please follow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)