Monday, July 1, 2013

Favorite Books: The Negotiator by Dee Henderson

Hello Fellow Page-Turners,

Since I am still in Italy serving on a humanitarian service mission, I still don't really have time to review new books and write new reviews. :( So I decided I'd share my thoughts about one of my favorite novels of all times and that is Dee Henderson's The Negotiator (The O'Malley Series, #1). 

This is one of my favorite novels of all times. In fact, I'm a little bit embarrassed to say how many times I've read this novel. Actually, I've read it so many times that I've lost track of how many times I've read it. It's easily one of my most-read books. In fact, I actually reread this book right before I went to Italy. 

I checked out this book and this series ten times at my library before I finally decided I better just cave and buy them. :) That might give you a clue as to why I love this book so much. 

This book is a romantic suspense novel and trust me Dee Henderson is a queen at writing suspense. Her writing style is one of the best I've ever written. Every single word is loaded and drives the sentence forward. No detail is included that seems irrelevant or boring. The writing and the pacing is simply incredible. Dee is a master at writing.

Then there is her ability to craft characters that I absolutely adore. Kate and Dave are two of my favorite characters of all time and their chemistry is undeniable. They tried to deny it and merely act as friends for so long it was painfully humorous.

Then there's the entire premise of this novel. The idea that seven orphans decided to unite together to form a family made for a really intriguing backdrops.

It would be shorter to say what I don't love about this novel....nothing comes to mind. And that is just sad. Seriously, after how many times I've read this book, you would think I'd be able to list something.

I recommend this book to anybody and everybody. This book was one of the first Christian fiction novels I read, but what I love about Dee Henderson is that the religious element never seems forced but is rather simply seamless. 

If you'd like to learn more about this book and this series, here's the Goodreads summary and the Amazon link.

Is there a book that you've read so many times it's embarrassing? If so, what book?

Love,

Danica Page

1 comment:

  1. Danica I'm with you! I have read this book(and this series) so many times that I can't even count! My favorite is Marcus and Sherri's story in The Guardian. But really all of them are books that are worth reading over and over and even at that I can't put them down when I do read them! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)