Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday...The week of mystery


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The point is to share a book that hasn't been released yet, but one that you are dying to read. This is my thirtieth time participating in this meme.

And now for the books I'm waiting for. One will be an adult novel and one will be YA/New Adult. 

The first one is The First Wife by Erica Spindler. It comes out on February 10, 2015 and is being published by St. Martin's Press.

The synopsis:
In a thrilling new novel from the author of Justice for Sara, an idealistic young woman marries a man she barely knows only to discover his first wife disappeared under mysterious circumstances

As a child, Bailey Browne dreamed of a knight in shining armor swooping in to rescue her and her mother. As she grew older, those dreams transformed, becoming ones of a mysterious stranger who swept her off her feet and whisked her away from her ordinary existence. Then, suddenly, there he was. Despite the ten year difference in their ages, her working class upbringing and his of privilege, Logan Abbott and Bailey fall deeply in love. Marriage quickly follows.

But when Logan brings her home to his horse farm in Louisiana, a magnificent estate on ninety wooded acres, her dreams of happily-ever-after begin to unravel. A tragic family history she knew nothing about, plus whisperings about the disappearance of his first wife, True, and rumors about the women from the area who have gone missing—and when another woman disappears, all signs point to her husband's involvement.

At first Bailey ignores the whispers—even as they grow louder and circumstantial evidence against Logan mounts. But finally, Bailey must make a choice: believe what everyone says is true—or bet her life on the man she loves, but is realizing she hardly knows.

From the author of Justice for Sara, a thrilling new novel that will have you gasping on every page.


Why I'm waiting? I love Rebecca and this novel looks like an amazing retelling of that book. Seriously am so excited for this one, but also nervous not sure it can live up to my expectations as Rebecca is one of my all-time favorites. Seriously I loved that one. So hope this one will be as good. So totally going to buy this one.

  What do you guys think?

Add it to your Goodreads shelf. 

The second one is I Was Here by Gayle Foreman. It comes out on January 27, 2015 and is being published by St. Martin's Press.

The synopsis:

Cody and Meg were inseparable.
Two peas in a pod.
Until . . . they weren’t anymore.
 
When her best friend Meg drinks a bottle of industrial-strength cleaner alone in a motel room, Cody is understandably shocked and devastated. She and Meg shared everything—so how was there no warning? But when Cody travels to Meg’s college town to pack up the belongings left behind, she discovers that there’s a lot that Meg never told her. About her old roommates, the sort of people Cody never would have met in her dead-end small town in Washington. About Ben McAllister, the boy with a guitar and a sneer, who broke Meg’s heart. And about an encrypted computer file that Cody can’t open—until she does, and suddenly everything Cody thought she knew about her best friend’s death gets thrown into question.
 
I Was Here is Gayle Forman at her finest, a taut, emotional, and ultimately redemptive story about redefining the meaning of family and finding a way to move forward even in the face of unspeakable loss.


Why I'm waiting? I love Gayle Foreman and this one looks really intriguing. I love her writing style and can't wait to read this one. I adore the cover and the synopsis sounds most intriguing. It sounds like Meg's death might be suspicious? 

 What do you guys think?

Add it to your Goodreads shelf.


And that's one of the books  I'm dying to read. But enough about me, what book did you guys pick? Please leave your link in the comments section. I love hearing from you guys.


Love,

Danica Page

28 comments:

  1. These both look great.

    Thanks for visiting my WoW. :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of Gayle Forman's, but I have a copy of I Was Here so it'll be my first one. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that is exciting. It looks really good. Hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. I have The First Wife bookmarked on Amazon...and now I am going to check out I Was Here...my first read from this author was If I Stay, and it hooked me. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited for that. I love Gaye Foreman, so hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. I love Gayle Forman her books! I Was Here is already on my TBR and I can't wait for it to be released.
    And The First Wife sounds really intriguing, I would really like to know weather her husband is guilty or not. Great picks this week!
    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    El @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to read that. I love the book it's based off and can't wait to see what liberties she takes.

      Delete
  5. I'm not a big contemp fan but I hope you enjoy them! Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    Hugs,
    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. The First Wife sounds fantastic! Adding it to my TBR. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited about that one. I can't wait.

      Delete
  7. The First Wife sounds like a really interesting thriller! I haven't read any Gayle Forman but I've heard a lot of great things. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really excited about this one. And Gayle Foreman is awesome.

      Delete
  8. I really enjoyed Forman's If I Stay duology, so I'm really excited to try out I Was Here! Great picks!!

    Here's my WoW: Zodiac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that series, so I'm excited too.

      Delete
  9. I've never heard of the first one - and I've never read anything by Forman. I hope you enjoy the books when you read them :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of the first one, but I am dying to read I Was Here! I adore Gayle Forman, and am really looking forward to this one. Hope you enjoy both!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Gayle Foreman and so I'm so excited.

      Delete
  11. I would literally read anything by Gayle Forman!

    Great picks! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Gayle Forman book looks great. I love her! Need to put that on my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks! Erica Spindler is a great author, and I also can't wait to read I Was Here. I loved Gayle Forman's If I Stay duology!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The First Wife totally reminds me of a Mary Higgins Clark novel I read ages ago. But it will be interesting to know if the husband really did commit those he is being accused of. And yes to I Was Here by Gayle Forman. I'm totally waiting on that one as well. :) Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I Was Here is on my tbr and I'm curious about The First Wife. I love Rebecca too. Looking forward to seeing what you think. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)