Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Review: Crash Into You by Katie McGarry

Crash Into You
(Pushing the Limits, #3)
by Katie McGarry
Young Adult 
Average Goodreads Rating: 
Published by: 
Published on: 
Pages: 


Before I get into my review, here's the synopsis from Goodreads:

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. 

The Characters: Rachel is a character that could seem quite "weak" on the surface. She has panic attacks and lets her controlling family walk all over her. But I really liked her. She was brave enough to go street-racing at night with a bunch of strangers (try stupid enough); she was "brave enough" to sacrifice what she wanted to help her family. Rachel was a character who seemed real, just like all the others McGarry has created. She's trying to make her way in the world and trying to figure out how much you owe your parents and how much you owe yourself. 

Isaiah is a character that we met a few books back. I was so excited to see that he was finally going to get his own book. I felt bad for him in the last one, but it was nice seeing who he really was. Isaiah is a bad boy who actually isn't that bad. I liked reading more about him. 

The characters were well-crafted as always. I feel that is McGarry's strength. 

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: As beautifully written as all the previous ones in the novel. I love McGarry; she might even be one of my favorite authors. She writes in such a real way. I always get sucked into her stories.

This one wasn't my favorite in the series, but I did love it. This time McGarry took us to the world of street racing. It was a fascinating, scary world. Yeah, the villain might not have been the most villainous villain but it's a YA novel. 

This novel is recommended for fans of YA realistic contemporary. 

So why 4 stars? It stood out from the crowd. It wasn't my favorite in the series, but I did really enjoy it. 

Can I read the series out of order? You can. The novels can mostly be read as stand-alone novels. 

Warnings/Side-notes: For more mature teenagers. Several uses of strong language and sexual references. Also, there is mild violence.  

The Wrap-up: An enjoyable novel that I adored. A great installment to a great series. I can't wait to read the next one. 

Love,

Danica Page

2 comments:

  1. Great review! Katie McGarry is actually one of my favorite authors too, but Crash Into You is my least favorite of the four novels in the series. Great review! :)
    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This wasn't my favorite in the series either, but I still enjoyed it. I can't wait to get to the next one. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)