Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Review: All Broke Down by Cara Cormack


All Broke Down
(Rusk University, #2)
by Cara Cormack
New Adult 
Average Goodreads Rating: 3.97
Published by: William Morrows Paperbacks
Published on: October 28, 2014
Pages: 368
Before I get into my review, here's the synopsis from Goodreads:


In this second book in New York Times and USA Todaybestselling author Cora Carmack s New Adult, Texas-set Rusk University series, which began with All Lined Up, a young woman discovers that you can't only fight for what you believe in... sometimes you have to fight for what you love.


Dylan fights for lost causes. Probably because she used to be one.

Environmental issues, civil rights, corrupt corporations, and politicians you name it, she's probably been involved in a protest. When her latest cause lands her in jail overnight, she meets Silas Moore. He's in for a different kind of fighting. And though he's arrogant and infuriating, she can't help being fascinated with him. Yet another lost cause.

Football and trouble are the only things that have ever come naturally to Silas. And it's trouble that lands him in a cell next to do-gooder Dylan. He's met girls like her before fixers, he calls them, desperate to heal the damage and make him into their ideal boyfriend. But he doesn't think he's broken, and he definitely doesn't need a girlfriend trying to change him. Until, that is, his anger issues and rash decisions threaten the only thing he really cares about: his spot on the Rusk University football team. Dylan might just be the perfect girl to help.

Because Silas Moore needs some fixing after all. 


My Rating: 4 stars

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions:  After reading the first book in the series, I immediately had to go grab the sequel. I read it only seconds after finishing the first one in the series. That alone shows how much I loved the first one.

This one was well-written and I loved the characters. However, I didn't quite love this one as much as the first one. I did, however, love the characters. The novel was beautiful and a quick read.

Once again I'd say this is a must-read for fans of Jennifer Armentrout or the new adult genre in general.

This novel touched on darker, harder issues than the first one. I loved every second of this book.

It was a very predictable plot, but like I've mentioned in other posts, I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. 

So why 4 stars? It was good and definitely stood out, but it just didn't quite have that extra kick to make it 5 stars. 

Warnings/Side-notes: It's a new adult novel. That means there are some sexual content. It wasn't super detailed, but definitely detailed enough to make it 17+. 

The Wrap-up: I'm dying to read the next one in the series. I was really hoping it was going to be about Stella.....hopefully one day. But I have no doubt it will be fantastic. In the meantime, I'll be checking out other books by this author. A great read. 

Love,

Danica Page

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I agree that it was predictable, and like you, I enjoyed it nonetheless. I gave this one 4 out of 5 stars too, and I can't wait to read the next one! I liked this book, but I liked the first one better. Happy reading!
    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yep, I can't wait for the next one either. I also liked the first one better. :) thanks for commenting. I loved you review of the novel as well.

      Delete
  2. Great review! I actually loved this one more than the first book because of the characters. I agree it was predictable, but that didn't really bother me either. I'm so excited for the next book though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did love the characters in this one, so I can see why you liked it better than the first one. I did, however, like the first better. It is predictable, but I still loved it. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)