Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Blog Tour: Vengeance (Vivid, #3) by Andrea Murray

Hello Fellow Page-Turners,

Today I'm pleased to be part of the blog tour for Vengeance by Andrea Murray. This tour is sponsored by "CLP Blog Tours." Today I'll be featuring a review of the novel. You can check out my review of this first in the series here and the sequel here

But first thing's first. Let's introduce the author and the synopsis of the book.

Author's Bio:

Andrea Murray has been teaching English forlonger than most of her students have been alive. She has taught everything from junior high language arts to concurrent credit freshman composition. She lives in a very small town in Arkansaswith her precocious daughter, energetic son, and racecar-driving husband. When she isn't writing or reading novels for her students, she's probably watching reality television or cheesy science fiction movies. In addition to the Vivid Trilogy, she has also written Omni, her new YA dystopian romance.


Connect with Andrea!


Synopsis:  

She will finally learn the truth, but it will change everything. 

After barely escaping the Liaisons’ facility with their lives, Vivian Cartwright and her friends are on the run. Vivian is determined to find her long-lost father armed with the clue

s she stole from her uncle’s twisted mind. 


But before she can begin her quest, she must help Wyck locate his mother. The journey brings them closer than ever and creates growing tension between Wyck and Easton, making Vivian more and more confused about her feelings for them. 

In this shocking conclusion of The Vivid Trilogy, Vivian comes face to face with a surprising twist that turns her world upside-down.


You can buy this book at Amazon or add it on your Goodreads shelf here

My Review: 

My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars. 

Disclaimers: I received an e-galley of this novel as part of the tour.  I was not obligated to write a good review nor did I receive any compensation for writing this review.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: This series was an interesting one to read. I thought the first one had a lot of potential but failed to execute. The second one was actually quite good. I actually considered giving it 4 stars. The action was great and I loved the interactions of the characters. 

Basically after reading book 1, I went into book 2 expecting it to be quite average, maybe even below average. It actually greatly exceeded my expectations. So I went into book 3 with high expectations. 

Instead, I felt a little let-down. The bar was set high by book 2. I was really excited to see the conclusion of the series. I found the ending to be a little bit anti-climatic. I was expecting more of a finale. 

Vivian's character didn't really change enough in the series for me. My favorite character actually ended up being Wyck. He was the one who made the book for me. I think that's why I loved book 2. He was a very big part of that book.

There was just so much going on in this book. 

Having said that, I did enjoy the book. Like I've previously mentioned Murray did a great job at creating an interesting and engaging world. 

Murray is an engaging author. One who I think has great potential. She writes original stories, and her writing is actually quite good. I expect this author to keep getting better and better. 

So why 3 stars? It was a let-down from book 2. Book 2 was so good and book 3 didn't quite live up to it. 

Can I read the series out of order? You can. Andrea does a good enough job telling the backstory, but naturally, it's better to read them all. Plus, book 2 is so good I'd recommend reading it before reading this one. 

Warnings/Side-notes: Very vague references to sex. It's definitely appropriate for readers of all ages. 

The Wrap-up: This book brings the end to an interesting series. I think Murray has great potential as a writer. Her second book was so close to being right on the mark. I'll be keeping an eye on this author in the hopes that in her next book, she nails it right on the head. 

Love,

Danica Page


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)