Friday, March 20, 2015

Blog Tour: Vicious(Vivid, #2) by Andrea Murray

Hello Fellow Page-Turners,

Today I'm pleased to be part of the blog tour for Vicious by Andrea Murray. This tour is sponsored by "CLP Blog Tours." Today I'll be featuring a review of the novel. You can check out my review of this first in the series here

But first thing's first. Let's introduce the author and the synopsis of the book.


Author's Bio:


Andrea Murray has been teaching English forlonger than most of her students have been alive. She has taught everything from junior high language arts to concurrent credit freshman composition. She lives in a very small town in Arkansaswith her precocious daughter, energetic son, and racecar-driving husband. When she isn't writing or reading novels for her students, she's probably watching reality television or cheesy science fiction movies. In addition to the Vivid Trilogy, she has also written Omni, her new YA dystopian romance.

Connect with Andrea!


Synopsis: 

After Vivian Cartwright’s aunt is killed by the same mysterious man who caused her mother’s death, she flees to protect those she loves. Searching for the father she’s never seen, she spends months on the road, working her way from one rundown motel to another and trying to move on with her lonely life. 

Vivian must face her past when the very people she’s trying to protect walk through the door of the diner where she works, but their bittersweet reunion is short-lived when her nemesis, the man with black eyes, kidnaps Abby and Cooper. 

Forced to work for the man she’s tried so hard to escape, Vivian learns she is only one of several gifted teenagers belonging to a corrupt group called the Liaisons. She joins with Wyck, a sinfully handsome twin and computer genius. Together, she and her unlikely ally discover the truth about the organization and its strange connection to her family.


You can buy this book at Amazon or add it on your Goodreads shelf here

My Review

My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars. 

Disclaimers: I received an e-galley of this novel as part of the tour.  I was not obligated to write a good review nor did I receive any compensation for writing this review.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: I read the first book in the series a few months ago as part of another blog tour for the series. I thought that the first book was interesting but had a slow start. I was, however, curious to see what happened in the series. So when I was offered the chance to read the book, I decided to go ahead and read it.

The sequel was drastically better than the first one. It wasn't slow at all. The book was fast paced and kept me interested the entire time. I thought that the characters were better developed in the sequel. 

There were still several grammar errors that I found quite distracting and some issues with tense really bugged me.

However, on the whole, I liked the novel. I thought the novel presented an intriguing plot. I loved the conlflict and the world that Murray created. I think fans of sci-fi/fantasy will enjoy this one.

The only thing that bugged me about the characters was Vivian's tendency to play the victim "wo-is-me" card. I get that she'd been through a lot, but I kept waiting for her to snap out of it.

This definitely isn't a slow bridge novel either. 

If you are looking for an interesting fantasy novel, check this one out. 

So why 3 stars? I thought this was much better than the first one and almost gave it 4 stars. However, the errors I found knocked it down to a three as well as some other parts of the novel that I just didn't think worked. 

Can I read the series out of order? You could. The story can read as a stand-alone. Naturally, however, you'd be missing the full effect of the story. If you do read the first one, just be warned it's slow in the beginning. 

Warnings/Side-notes: None. 

The Wrap-up: A great development to the series. It made me very curious to see what happens in the third one. (Note: After having read the third in the series, I'd have to say this was my favorite in the series by far.) 

Love,

Danica Page



2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Danica. I've sent you an email as well. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)