Monday, October 17, 2016

Blog Tour: Redemption by Anne Osterlund. Finally!!!!

Fellow Page Turners,

I'm thrilled to be part of today's blog stop for Redemption by Anne Osterlund. Anne Osterlund has been one of my favorite authors for years, and I'm super excited to share my thoughts with you about her latest book. It was absolutely incredible. What a great ending to a great series! Definitely check out this series and just this author in general. 

Redemption
(Aurelia,#3)
by Anne Osterlund 
Young Adult 
Asked to Review
Average Goodreads Rating: 4.2
Published on: October 17, 2016

Before I get into my review, here's the synopsis from Goodreads:

AURELIA, former crown princess of Tyralt, has cobbled together a new life in exile with ROBERT, the young countryman who loves her. In the Outer Realms, they have found safety, but their homeland has not. Tyralt is under attack. When a friend from the past arrives to persuade Aurelia to rescue her country, she and Robert must weigh the hopes of a kingdom against their own failures, nightmares, and self-doubt. Because both Aurelia and Robert know that if they make the wrong choice, with the freedom of an entire nation at stake, they may not find redemption.

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars. 

Disclaimers: I received a copy of this novel from the publisher in exchange for my honest opinion. I was not obligated to write a good review nor did I receive any compensation for writing this review.

Why did I decide to turn the pages? Anne Osterlund is one of my favorite authors. Seriously she is fantastic and I've been waiting years to see how this one ends. Aurelia and Robert are some of my favorite characters ever created and as mentioned I've been dying for this book to come out. I'm so glad it finally did. 

A great writer and a great series meant that I absolutely had to read this one.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: To say I had high expectations would be a vast understatement. I absolutely loved this series, this author, and these characters. Other books by her have been beautifully crafted and so after all this time, naturally I had high hopes. 

And we all know that when one has high hopes, that person is often disappointed. This was not the case with Osterlund. 

In true Osterlund style, she stayed true to her characters and to her writing style. The plot moved at a quick, rapid pace but one that wasn't too quick that she missed out on character development.

The novel was beautifully crafted, like all of hers are. And I finally got to see the ending to a story that I've been waiting for forever. The ending was fantastic. So fans rest assured, you won't want to throw the book across the room. That's all I'll say for fear of giving too much away. 

The Characters: I loved Robert and Aurelia form the very first moment and that didn't change. Anne Osterlund is a master at character development. 

Major Strengths: Character development, intriguing story. 

Major Weaknesses: It's a slightly predictable story line, but really what did you expect? I loved it anyway. The style of writing in the epilogue wasn't my favorite but it was still good. 

So why 5 stars? It was incredibly well written and it was just a fantastic trilogy. 

Can I read the series out of order? You probably could, but you'd miss out on so much. Just do yourself a favor and read them all in order. 

The Wrap-up: A great finish to a great trilogy. This one comes highly recommended. 

Love,

Danica Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
reading (341) Book Review (338) books (338) asked to review (260) series (165) romance (146) blogging (142) young adult (142) meme (138) review (131) netgalley (126) realistic (122) contemporary (121) 2015 (85) arc (83) blog tour (76) adult (74) christian (74) fiction (72) new adult (52) Waiting on Wednesday (50) my favorites (42) Top Ten Tuesday (41) historical fiction (40) reading addiction blog tours (39) 2013 (38) 2012 (35) writing (34) 3 stars (33) suspense (31) guest post (30) Teaser Tuesday (28) fantasy (28) paranormal (28) IMM (26) WWW Wednesdays (25) standalone novel (24) 2014 (23) 4 stars (21) giveaways (19) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) promo (16) debut novel 2012 (15) letters (15) chick-lit (14) debut (13) new adult challenge 2013 (13) dystopia (12) sci-fi (12) author spotlight (11) sophomore novel (11) writing advice (11) writing process (11) authors (10) excerpt (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) 3.5 stars (8) Musing Mondays (8) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) edelweiss (7) 2011 (6) covers (6) dac (6) winners (6) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) novella (5) sports (5) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) characters (4) in my opinion (4) list (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Thursday Tutorials (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) editing (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) NaNoWriMo (2) The Chosen One (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) short story (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) 2 (1) 2010 (1) Black Rose (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Saturday Sabbaticals (1) Whimsical Wednesdays (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) classic literature (1) college (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) journalism (1) lds (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) trailers (1) writing is everywhere (1)